PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  PureConnect Readme and Summary doc's for older releases

Posted 03-05-2019 15:43
    Edited by Chris Mayo 03-05-2019 16:24
    This is mostly for the Genesys folks... but any input is very much welcomed.

We have had a number of occasions where we needed the content of a CIC/PureConnect ReadMe and Summary doc's (as posted on the product downloads pages) to review SCR's and system handlers updated at certain releases. This comes into play when scheduling a highly customized customer site's CIC/PureConnect service update.

We realize there are available doc's back 6 revisions but none before. Any ideas or thoughts on how or where we might find these older, >6 rev's old, ReadMe and Summary doc's?

Thanks!
    #Documentation

------------------------------
    Chris Mayo
    Director, Technical Services
    Altivon

• 2.  RE: PureConnect Readme and Summary doc's for older releases

Posted 03-06-2019 10:54
    Chris,

Genesys stuck this in the release notes in one of the 2017 or 2018 releases. They sort of understate what the web page can do but I suspect it may give you what you are looking for: https://help.genesys.com/cic/releasenotes/

On a side note you could always just save down the release notes from each version and store them somewhere if you really want to keep them. I know it's not ideal but it is a pretty low tech workaround.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: PureConnect Readme and Summary doc's for older releases

GENESYS
    Posted 03-06-2019 17:00
    Hi Chris,
    The Release Notes web app that Mark linked to earlier is a great resource for searching for content in the last six releases Readme files. It is way better than sifting through each product and release Readme/Summary file by itself and then pulling together the info you want.  Unfortunately, it is limited to the six releases currently in maintenance.  

If there are any particular versions of Readme files that you are looking for, I can scoop them up in a .zip file and send them to you. I'll have to construct a directory tree as they all have the same file name, or I can rename each file according to its product/version, but it will take a little effort.  I would normally direct you to ask a Customer Care rep to provide them, but I know where they are and they aren't always easy to find.  

Email me if  you want me to send some particular files.

Best regards,

Kevin

Kevin Kuhns
    Senior Manager - Global IX

• 4.  RE: PureConnect Readme and Summary doc's for older releases

Posted 03-06-2019 17:14
    The release note site is great, but it doesn't have the CIC Readme document which has the List of Handlers published with this release and patch: Section.  I think this is more of what Chris was asking for. Can that information get onto Release notes? 

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 5.  RE: PureConnect Readme and Summary doc's for older releases

GENESYS
    Posted 03-06-2019 17:57
    That's a good and reasonable enhancement request. I know we have automated the pulling in of SCR records to the web app but I'm not sure about the handler data list.  Let me look into that and see if it is something we can automate and pull in somewhere.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Kevin Kuhns
    Senior Manager - Global IX

• 6.  RE: PureConnect Readme and Summary doc's for older releases

Posted 03-07-2019 10:42
    Sounds great!

Chris Mayo
    Altivon

• 7.  RE: PureConnect Readme and Summary doc's for older releases

Posted 03-07-2019 10:38
    Exactly what we use, Scott.

Thanks Kevin.

Chris Mayo
    Altivon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources