PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  useing attributes in the message text in the build reply operation in attendant

Posted 07-04-2018 10:29
    #email #InteractionAttendant
    is there a way to use attributes in the message text  in the build reply operation in attendant?
    I tried $(Eic_EmailMailboxName),  and [Attribute:Eic_EmailMailboxName] as some examples  and neither worked :D

​​

------------------------------
    Kamyar Yazdani
    Aria Solutions

• 2.  RE: useing attributes in the message text in the build reply operation in attendant

Posted 07-05-2018 05:09
    Hi,

By default the Build Reply handler does not replace the $(attr) to the the content of the attribute. If needed you have to create a handler to do this. There is a customization point in the Build Reply handler where you can add your customization.

Edward de Wit
    3Fiftynine B.V.

• 3.  RE: useing attributes in the message text in the build reply operation in attendant

Posted 07-05-2018 12:55
    Hi Edward,
    thank you for your reply. The only customization I see is CustomIntAttEmailBuildReplySubject which lets you customize your subject only.
    is there another one I am not seeing?

regards

Kamyar Yazdani
    Aria Solutions

• 4.  RE: useing attributes in the message text in the build reply operation in attendant

Posted 07-06-2018 02:23
    Hi Kamyar,

You are right, that the one I saw as well. I'm now seeing that the email body is an input parameter only, what makes the customization point not usable. There are two other options:
    1. Add you own customization point to the IntAttEmailBuildReply handler. This customization point should have the email body as an output parameter. In that customization point you can replace the attributes.
    2. In the IntAttEmailBuildReply handler the reply is also send out. This triggers a new handler System_OutgoingQueueEmail. In this handler you have an customization point that has the interaction id as the only input parameter, but that is enough. You are able to read the body from the email interaction, replace the attributes and update the email interaction.

Let me know if one of these options works for you.

Edward de Wit
    3Fiftynine B.V.

• 5.  RE: useing attributes in the message text in the build reply operation in attendant

Posted 07-06-2018 09:25
    Thanks Edward. good suggestion. I think I just have to make sure to update the email reply handler after each upgrade because it is not a customization point provided by Genesys, correct?

Kamyar Yazdani
    Aria Solutions

• 6.  RE: useing attributes in the message text in the build reply operation in attendant

Posted 07-09-2018 02:01
    Hi Kamyar,,

You are right if you implement option1, but with option 2 you use a customization point that you don't have to check after each upgrade.

Edward de Wit
    3Fiftynine B.V.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources