PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  CUSTOM::attributes

Posted 06-16-2021 16:18
    Hey everyone,

Can anyone point to a list of all the different custom attributes that can be used in IA and the explanation? I'm looking to find out exactly how CUSTOM:Escape Character works.

The document for IWeb contains only the attributes for chat and text.

Thanks
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Eliezer Stekel

• 2.  RE: CUSTOM::attributes

Posted 06-17-2021 11:44
    Eliezer,

The problem is that, as far as I am aware, there is no definitive list of these since anyone can add them for any purpose - usually used in conjunction with Custom Handlers.

Often, our developers implement a new feature or workaround using them as this is quicker and easier than adding attributes to the UI (especially if they are of limited interest or for special use-cases) but AFAIK, this isn't something that is centrally coordinated, but gets documented on a case-by-case basis and often referenced from Tech-ref or KB articles.

Sorry!

(Of course, I'm happy to be proved wrong and when I reply like this, I usually am - within minutes, so let's hope that happens here :-D )

Regarding the specific attribute you mention, I will see if I can find anything, but I'm guessing you have already completed an extensive search. Perhaps it would help if you could explain what you are trying to achieve?

• 3.  RE: CUSTOM::attributes

Posted 06-17-2021 15:20
    Thanks Paul,

What we're trying to accomplish is to to disable escape key on outbound calls that were transferred internally to a queue, via the blind transfer handler tool step.

The call seems to pass thru the SystemAcdCallHolding handler which calls the Extended Get Key Async tool step, and this toolstep sets * as escape key unless "CUSTOM::Escape Character" is set, in which case the escape character will be the value of the attribute, we'd like to disable the escape key altogether.

Thanks

Eliezer Stekel

• 4.  RE: CUSTOM::attributes

Posted 06-20-2021 14:44
    What happens if you create CUSTOM::Escape Character and then leave it empty? Or set it to an undialable character?

I am assuming that this is set on the Workgroup? The problem you will have here is that (I am guessing) this may affect inbound calls too...

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources