PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Put DS Key - how to use with schedules?

Posted 01-13-2020 10:47
    I am wanting to basically mirror schedules from one server to another.  Updating an existing schedule is easy, but creating a new one is a bit of a stumper as the tool "Put Ds Key" requires a class of entry to be created.  What exactly does this mean in this context?  The help file just lists the possible values, nothing more. I would guess that it would be class "Configuration" ... but that's pure conjecture.  How would this be used work to add a schedule?

Also, since one gets schedules from "%{CONFIG}\Schedules" I'm thinking that I would also use that as the Directory Services Path in the tool - is that in fact the case?
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Tyler Style
    Interactive Intelligence Engineer, WellCare Health Plans

• 2.  RE: Put DS Key - how to use with schedules?

Posted 01-13-2020 13:21
    Tyler I always look at DSedit to tell, but I know you are CaaS, so there goes that,

So Admin schedules are like this:

\SITENAME\Production\Schedule

Attendant Schedules are:
    \SITENAME\Production\SERVERNAME\AttendantData\ProfileKey aka 0000J\Schedule Key aka 0000A

"SERVER" accesses

"... Directory Services\Root\<Site Name>\Production\<Server Name>"

"SITE" accesses

"... Directory Services\ Root \<Site Name>"

"CONFIG" accesses

"... Directory Services\ Root \<Site Name>\Production"

So %{CONFIG}\Schedules yes get you to IA schedules 

So yes that is the path and the Class would be Schedule

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 3.  RE: Put DS Key - how to use with schedules?

Posted 01-13-2020 14:11
    Thanks Ryan, I appreciate the info!

FWIW I've also determined that if one is creating a new schedule, the tool DS Path needs to include the new schedule name as well  (ie) %{CONFIG}\Schedules\MyNewSchedule

Tyler Style

• 4.  RE: Put DS Key - how to use with schedules?

Posted 01-14-2020 09:27
    Thanks again for you help @ryan hedlund - I'd like to pick your brain a bit more if I could?

I'm trying to create a new IAdmin schedule using a handler, and using the Put DS Key tool definitely creates a new entry for that schedule.  However when the handler goes thru and sets various schedule values in the registry such as description or periodicity, IAdmin shows all of the values as "undefined".  I'm obviously missing some key element here - do you have an idea of what that might be or could point me in the right direction to find it?

Tyler Style

• 5.  RE: Put DS Key - how to use with schedules?

Posted 01-15-2020 17:20
    What type of schedule (one time, daily, weekly (day list or day span), monthly (day list or relative), or yearly (day list or relative)) are you looking to create?

Steve Owen
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 6.  RE: Put DS Key - how to use with schedules?

Posted 01-16-2020 09:52
    Hey @Steven Owen.  The values for pretty much any of the schedules we create would compass the ranger available in IAdmin.  Right now I'm thinking I'll just build a doc or webform to pass to users to fill out for changes and use that to generate the source file for changes.​

Tyler Style

• 7.  RE: Put DS Key - how to use with schedules?

Posted 01-15-2020 17:33
    BTDT in the using the registry as Ryan mentioned.  If I ever did it again I would use ICWS.  This could be done fairly simply in any scripting tool, and called from a handler as needed.

Tim Cannon

• 8.  RE: Put DS Key - how to use with schedules?

Posted 01-16-2020 09:51
    ICWS would definitely be simpler, but since we're on CaaS and our own network is extremely locked down both getting and keeping access for HTTP services is a PITA and so handlers looked like a more robust & readier solution.

Tyler Style

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources