PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  License Conflicts Between IC and ICBM

Posted 08-01-2019 10:12
    Hello - I'm looking to see if there are any other PureConnect platform users that have experienced license conflicts when both IC and ICBM are in use at the same time.  When this happens, I find that the recorder and feedback licenses are impacted, resulting in an inability to use either in ICBM when I have IC open.

I'm told that this is a known issue, but I'd like to see if any others are aware of this.  If yes, how do you work around the conflict from a process workflow / usability aspect?
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Barry Farrington
    IVR/ACD Administrator,
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 2.  RE: License Conflicts Between IC and ICBM

Posted 08-01-2019 10:17
    I remember an issue with Interaction Connect consuming supervisor licenses inappropriately and the "workaround" advised by Genesys support was to open ICBM first so that it consumed the licenses it needed to function and then open Interaction Connect afterwards.

I'm not certain if any progress has been made on that and I was never given an SCR to track.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: License Conflicts Between IC and ICBM

Posted 08-01-2019 10:26
    Hi Aaron - Thanks for the suggestion.  I will take that approach and monitor throughout the day today.  We're scheduled to go live in less than a month, so I want to make sure that any viable work-arounds are identified and documented.

Barry Farrington

• 4.  RE: License Conflicts Between IC and ICBM

Posted 08-01-2019 10:50
    You might want to see if disabling Supervisor Features in IC will prevent this from happening. When you are in IC click settings and then Featuers, you will see a check box to enable supervisor features.

Thank you,
     Scott

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 5.  RE: License Conflicts Between IC and ICBM

Posted 08-01-2019 18:57
    Hi Barry,

We are on Pure Connect however haven't experienced this issue.

Although we are using IC Desktop and not Connect - Would it be possible to have ICBM user to login to IC Desktop instead of connect and test if the issue still impacts you?

Regards,

Krish

Krishneel Tikaram
    Pepper Group Limited

• 6.  RE: License Conflicts Between IC and ICBM

Posted 08-02-2019 09:29
    I looked up my old support incident for the details.

Interaction Desktop does not have the same flaw.  The issue is that Interaction Connect is designed to take licenses for features that are still "to be implemented" which causes this specific problem.  The state of the supervisor features checkbox did not impact the issue (which was just with feedback licensing in our case).

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 7.  RE: License Conflicts Between IC and ICBM

Posted 08-02-2019 13:22
    Aaron - I took your advice and followed the process of opening ICBM first, followed by IC.  So far, it has proven to be successful.  I've not lost any connection to any of the ICBM modules, such as recorder or feedback.  I've been trending this since yesterday.

My next step will be to communicate to our training teams to ensure that all ICBM end-users follow this process.  This will definitely help with our go-live.

(FYI - my company will be PureConnect Cloud vs on-prem)

Thanks again!

Barry Farrington

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources