Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Schedule Bidding - Manually assign agents

Posted 09-15-2019 21:42
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi! I've got a customer who is interested in Schedule Bidding. However they only want to assign schedules to bidding agents only. For thos schedules that no one bid on, they would like to manually assign agents after one-on-one discussions with the agents involved. Is this possible
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Cherith Law
    Telstra Corporation Ltd

• 2.  RE: Schedule Bidding - Manually assign agents

GENESYS
    Posted 09-17-2019 06:15
    Good Evening Cherith, 

Best course of action here would be to identify those who have bid and then allocate those staff only. This would then allow the 1:1 conversation. I would be concerned about the overall efficiency of such business practice however. 

Bidding and then schedule execution of the bid(s) will take into account the agents contract and shift availability. If the agent itself has rules around preferences, start times etc then these will be allocated automatically complying to the employment conditions. So unless the 1:1 conversation is the agent selecting a specific shift the more efficient method would be do this all at once. 

Cheers

Cameron Smith
    Sr Director, Product Management - Workforce Engagement Management
    Genesys - Employees
    cameron.smith@genesys.com

• 3.  RE: Schedule Bidding - Manually assign agents

Posted 09-17-2019 22:45
    ​Hi Cameron

You mentioned "identify those who have bid and then allocate those staff only". If that's the case, then that works for them. They wanted 1:1 conversations and not force anyone into any shifts. Thanks for your quick reply!

Cherith

Cherith Law
    Telstra Corporation Ltd

• 4.  RE: Schedule Bidding - Manually assign agents

Posted 09-18-2019 08:16
    Hi Cherith, 

Within one of the contact centers in our organization my WFM team created an agent ranking system off specific metrics the department wanted to focus on. As a whole, the company wants to stay away from the term "bid". After years of HR research it was found by us that truly reflected a negative connotation. Please keep in mind, one of our main offices is located in an area where there are several contact centers to work for. 

All new hires are hired in for one particular shift, which is the latest shift, this one only works until 9PM EST. Every quarter though, we offer a survey to the agents of what shift are available for their skill group. Then we look to see if anyone above the median is in interested in these available shifts. Most agents do not get their first choice the first or second time around, but this has assisted in building performance metrics and aligning the agent's preferences with the business needs. 

What your customer is interested in is 100% possible, but I would see this decrease retention, especially if the process creates a culture in which agents feel "it does not matter what I bid, I will be scheduled however WFM decides to do so". 

Just wanted to pass along a thought to you. Have a remarkable day!

Alexandria Smith
    Allied Solutions, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources