Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email Priority Routing

Posted 10-07-2019 10:31
    Dear,

Can someone tell me how to prioritize emails. If I am not mistaken the current formula to calculate Interaction Score is as follows: Interaction Score = {Time Waiting (in minutes)} + {Priority}

e.g.: email (email X) with priority 1 waiting for 15 minutes in queue versus new mail (email Y) with priority 10 (which is the highest possible priority you can assign) waiting for 1 minute will result in offering email X first (email x has an interaction score of 16, email y has an interaction score of 11). Since emails tend to be waiting for hours before being handled, the priority feature is almost useless? Or am I missing something here?

Kind Regards,
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Christof Delsupehe
    Nextel NV

• 2.  RE: Email Priority Routing

GENESYS
    Posted 10-07-2019 10:43
    You can use a priority higher than 10, see https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-up-a-transfer-to-acd-action/

To allow priority values higher than 10, switch to expression mode and enter a calculation that adds up to the desired value. For example, to create a priority of 100, type 10 + 90.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Email Priority Routing

GENESYS
    Posted 10-07-2019 11:17
    Also, note that the "Interaction Score" is really just the date-time the interaction enters the queue. Each 1 point of Priority (with 1/2 star==1 point) shifts that date-time one minute earlier. So, an interaction with a priority of 10 appears to have entered the queue 10 minutes earlier than it actually did. The interaction which appears to have been in the queue the longest is the one routed first (plus whatever other criteria you might be using, like Language skills or ACD skills).

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Email Priority Routing

Posted 10-07-2019 11:24
    Thanks, for the quick answers. It's clear now.

Christof Delsupehe
    Nextel NV

• 5.  RE: Email Priority Routing

Posted 03-12-2021 11:07
    Hello, 
    Just found this post in trying to wrap my head around email priority. If we set the email priority does this help us have a live call route to agent more quickly than an email or do I need to set priorities in the call queue? 

Trying to ensure a call routes to agent over an email that maybe waiting longer.

Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

• 6.  RE: Email Priority Routing

Posted 03-12-2021 13:20
    Julie have you already looked at Agent Utilization? By default email can be interrupted by a Voice call, callback or chat.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-utilization-at-the-org-level/

• 7.  RE: Email Priority Routing

Posted 03-15-2021 08:33
    Thank you Paul! 

Not sure why I hadn't thought of that. That is the exact solution. I have updated our settings and it is working as expected. Thank you.

Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources