Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Calculate the Indirectly Occupied Time

Posted 03-10-2020 10:40
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hello,

I would like to be very acurate regarding the calculation of the Indirectly occupied time for my forecast..
    This value represents the times where the agent is not on the  phone.
    It means all the activities which are not scheduled in WFM but which impact my avaibility (like short break if not scheduled in WFM)?
    In other words, If I schedule  short breaks, I don't need to provide value for this metric?

thanks
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    JM

• 2.  RE: Calculate the Indirectly Occupied Time

GENESYS
    Posted 03-11-2020 08:57
    Hi Jeremy,

It sounds like you are talking about non adherent time.  (time that is not scheduled but takes agents away from the phones)?  How to get that info depends on which WFM platform you are running.  Please let me know and we can get you some answers specific to your tool.

Daniel Rickwalder
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Calculate the Indirectly Occupied Time

GENESYS
    Posted 03-11-2020 09:19
    Edited by Chuck Swain 03-11-2020 15:29
    Jeremy, 

With no reference to the WFM tool you're using, I can only assume you're referring to the role shrinkage plays into your planning (forecasting FTE need).  If you're forecasting for a workload and require X staff based on that workload, those initial required staffing levels are subject to shrinkage.  Shrinkage; a loss of FTE due to circumstances like absenteeism, meetings, breaks, coaching, and (as you stated) unplanned events not included in the WFM schedule, must be accounted for to ensure after your shrinkage you have the right number of agents to handle a foretasted workload.

A high level example of the impacts of shrinkage and how to plan for it:

Initial FTE Requirement 100
    • Absenteeism:  -7
    Remaining: 93
    • Breaks/Lunches/Planned -5
    • Non-Adherence Time -3
    • (Shrinkage = 15%)
    Remaining: 85, calculated from the 15% shrinkage based on planned and unplanned activities above.

If I need to ensure I have 100 agents working on the floor I would plan requirements using the following calculation to include my expected 15% shrinkage which is 118 FTE. 
    • 100 / (1-.15) = 117.64 (118) --or-- 100 / .85 = 117.64 (118)

Chuck Swain
    Genesys
    Strategic Business Consultant

• 4.  RE: Calculate the Indirectly Occupied Time

Posted 03-11-2020 10:11
    Hi guys,

Thanks, for clarification, fyi I use WFM on Genesys PureEngage.

During the forecasting process, in the staffing build,I have to fill a value for the field Indirectly Occupied Time (IOT).
    What I have understood I have to mesurate the number of agents (in %) who are not in a phone time (Ex : short breaks, meeting)
    The absenteeism shouldn't be taken in consideration into the IOT field  because this metric is calculated in the second step (in the menu overheads view).
    Besides, I'm wondering iin the case where the short breaks are scheduled in my WFM planning, if they must be considered when I calculate the value for Indirectly Occupied Time field or not?

thanks
    Jeremy

Jeremy Monzo
    CERITEK

• 5.  RE: Calculate the Indirectly Occupied Time

GENESYS
    Posted 03-11-2020 14:12
    Jeremy, 

In Genesys WFM's Forecasting, there are three "kinds" of shrinkage (overheads) that can be applied:

1) Planned Shrinkage/Overhead - things other than Activity coverage that automatically appear in the schedule WHEN you build a schedule scenario (breaks, meals, calendar items, etc.)
    2) Unplanned Shrinkage/Overhead - things other than Activity coverage that are manually added/inserted into a schedule between the time the schedule is generated and the time that is represents the present moment (sick days, ad-hoc coaching, last minute PTO, etc.)
    3) Indirectly Occupied Time - this is the % of time you are expecting agents to be out of adherence.  This is the ONLY kind of shrinkage that is applied during the forecast staffing build and is represented in the Calculated value.  So, if your agents are adhering to their schedules 90% of the time, then your Indirectly Occupied Time would need to be set at 10% so the forecast staffing algorithms can properly prepare for that.  For example, if, based on my volumes, AHT, and SLA goals, I need to staff 10 agents to meet those goals for a given interval, BUT, my agents have a 10% non-adherent expectation, I account for that by putting that value in as my IOT%.  That way, the calculated value will be 11.  This represents the number of agents that need to be on the schedule as providing coverage for a given Activity the moment that given interval begins.  So, I would need to have 11 agents scheduled at the beginning of our interval, because I am expecting 1 (~10%) of them to be out of adherence, NOT providing coverage, thus leaving me with the 10 the Activity ACTUALLY needs.

Does this help?

ThomasTritten
    WFO Solution Architecture
    Genesys - Employees
    thomas.tritten_ii@genesys.com

• 6.  RE: Calculate the Indirectly Occupied Time

Posted 03-17-2020 12:57
    Edited by Jeremy Monzo 05-27-2020 06:52
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks, you have answered to my question.

BR
    jeremy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources