Genesys Cloud CX

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

Posted 07-20-2022 23:16
    Hi All,

I seem to have the reverse issue that most people are having. We want to delete the Users phone numbers.

Our Agents use WebRTC only and we have no need for Users to have phone numbers or extensions at this time.

We use AD to import the Users into Genesys, however a mistake was made and AD extension was left in.

Genesys/AD imported this number into the Other field and now we can't delete the number from Genesys,

We tried to remove the AD attribute and re-sync but this didn't work.

Do we need to delete the Users and re-import? Obviously we would prefer not to do this.

Regards.

Francis.
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Francis Hoang
    TeleApps Services Pty Ltd

• 2.  RE: AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

Posted 07-27-2022 13:47
    Unless you use the API to bulk update users, then yes, you would have to delete and resync, but we have found that SCIM settings seem to persist at times through the delete, so when you sync back up a user with the same email, it pulls in the old SCIM settings in GC.  Never really tracked down what that was.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

Posted 09-30-2022 00:39
    We are facing the exact same issue. We have the 'Other Phone' field populated by an Azure AD SCIM Integration. While this was expected, we face the issue of every new user added to Genesys Cloud receiving this Other Phone field populated and cannot stop it from populating. It was intended only for Non Agents and not for Agents as well. The way we work around this is we would update this agents profile  by updating their username to something azure does not understand and thinks is a new person and that way when Okta came in to add this user(yes we use two IDPs - Agents use Okta, NonAgents - Azure) it could be added as a new user with no DID ,that Azure will never create first.

So my question here is what template is out there to update the 'Other Phone' field to a blank value. Can you please share it if I can use it to update a handful of users of even one by one that would really be a cleaner approach.

Bharat Rudrakshala
    ESRI

• 4.  RE: AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

GENESYS
    Posted 10-03-2022 10:10

the SCIM APIs themselves support a "remove" operation for a phone type; the problem here is that Azure AD skips blank fields in their payload when they're processing an update, meaning the remove is never sent to Genesys Cloud.

What I've seen other customers do (and I'll admit it's not a great solution, but does solve the immediate need) is to set that field a constant value that is not a dialable number (something like 1234, with 1234 being handled as a non-dialable number).  

The alternative is to use a one-time script to query for users that have their "other phone" field set, then remove that value.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

Posted 10-03-2022 11:26
    I've tested this out and it seems to work. In the Person Profile csv to import a user, I set the Phone_Other to a random number(to check to see if it would update the field). It did update the profile to remove the "Phone_Other" field altogether. At the same time the value I set it to instead got the Phone_work field updated. I just had to go in and remove the value of Work Phone and that took care of the issue. Not a pretty solution but does the job.

• 6.  RE: AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

GENESYS
    Posted 10-03-2022 10:00
    This is a byproduct of the fact that deletes within Genesys Cloud are really soft deletes (the user is updated with the Deleted attribute being updated to "True").  This is what allows a deleted user to be searched within the Admin UI.  Our SCIM APIs include some internal logic that determines that the user already exists, and updates them to be active again.  Any change in values like be updated when the new "create" request comes in, but I believe any old values that are not included in the create request (like an "other" phone number) will be preserved from the previous entry of the user.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees