Genesys Cloud CX

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Add a phone number to favorites in Genesys Cloud

• 1.  Add a phone number to favorites in Genesys Cloud

Posted 23 days ago
    Hello Community!

One of my customers asked me a very simple but interesting question: her team very often transfers calls to two different departments, the agents in the team always need to type/copy phone numbers of those departments into the dialpad (full 11-digit phone numbers with country codes), their question was if there's a way to add a 'favorites' shortcut so they would just click and call those departments like a normal contact?

I know that you can add a contact and a group to favorites in Genesys Cloud, and I am wondering if you have any other idea of implementing this, than to create separate "contacts" for those departments with numbers assigned to them (which is a bit problematic)?

Any tricks?

Many thanks in advance for your ideas and suggestions.

Szymon
    #Implementation
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Szymon Prower
    Customer Interaction Solutions AG

• 2.  RE: Add a phone number to favorites in Genesys Cloud
    Best Answer

Posted 22 days ago
    Everyone I have worked with has created External Contacts for this purpose. You can use a field like "Title" and put "Internal" there. Since it full-text searches, when you type "Internal" you will see all of your contacts displayed.

Centralized speed-dials as well as the ability to simply transfer to a Flow are two features that are missing from Genesys Cloud, but that it would greatly benefit from!

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: Add a phone number to favorites in Genesys Cloud

Posted 19 days ago
    Hi Paul, this has worked well and the customer is happy with your solution, that's amazing, thanks a lot!!

Szymon Prower

• 4.  RE: Add a phone number to favorites in Genesys Cloud

Posted 19 days ago
    Edited by Christoph Domaschke 19 days ago
    I had a similar problem with a lot of different teams we had to call frequently. I solved this with a script in Genesys. Add a button to a script and choos as click action "transfer to number" (for consulted transfer). It's a one-click-solution. I choosed a field of radio buttons, where the agent can choose the destination and than click the button "dial" to perform the action. Works pretty fine.

Christoph Domaschke
    CRONBANK AG

• 5.  RE: Add a phone number to favorites in Genesys Cloud

Posted 18 days ago
    This is an excellent alternative solution and, in some cases, preferable.

The main issues with it are if you either have a lot of scripts that would all need updating with changes, or if you are transferring interactions that don't have a scrip. (e.g. DID, or calls the agent initiated.)

As with all things, though, there are multiple solutions to consider and not all use-cases will require the same solution.

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 6.  RE: Add a phone number to favorites in Genesys Cloud

GENESYS
    Posted 17 days ago
    If you know someone with basic HTML & Javascript knowledge, then it would be rather simple to write a web app to display a list of "favorite" targets and expose that to agents as a custom Interaction Widget: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-up-an-interaction-widget-integration/.

The web app could show a list of "hardcoded" favorites or could use the Genesys Cloud Platform API to query for a list of External Contacts that contain a specific name, and then when the agent clicked on one of those numbers you could call the API to perform a transfer to that queue, agent, or phone number.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 7.  RE: Add a phone number to favorites in Genesys Cloud

Posted 17 days ago
    Wow, so many valuable replies, thanks a lot! Seems like we now a have few possibilities :)

Szymon Prower

• 8.  RE: Add a phone number to favorites in Genesys Cloud

GENESYS
    Posted 15 days ago
    Edited by Jim Crespino 15 days ago
    Szymon,

If you take the route of creating your own custom Interaction Widget, here's an example that might help you get started a little more quickly.

This is all client-side HTML/Javascript and can literally be hosted on any web host.  The code is here: https://github.com/crespino4/crespino4.github.io/tree/master/FavoritesInteractionWidget

You would need to create an Implicit Grant OAuth client in your org in Admin->OAuth with a redirectURI to where you are hosting the files and the following Scopes: alerting:readonly, authorization:readonly, conversations, external-contacts:readonly, routing:readonly

Then you would need to create an Interaction Widget by going to Admin->Integrations and adding a new integration by installing the "Interaction Widget" integration and configuring it to run the code from the URL you are hosting it at.  Here is an example of my URL: https://<insert_your_web_host_here>/FavoritesInteractionWidget/FavoritesInteractionWidget.html?pcConversationId={{pcConversationId}}&pcLangTag={{pcLangTag}}&pcEnvironment={{pcEnvironment}}&pcClientId=<insert_your_implicit_grant_oauth_clientId_here>

The list of corporate favorites is controlled using External Organizations and Contacts.

Create an External Organization named "Favorites". Then within the "Favorites" External Organization create as many External Contacts as you'd like to represent the items that should be listed as "Favorites" to the agent.

For a Queue favorite enter "Queue" as the first name and the name of the queue as the last name

For a Number favorite enter "Number" as the first name and the phone number to dial as the last name, must include '+{country_code}'.

For a User favorite enter "User" as the first name and the user name (i.e. email address) of the target user

This took me less than half a day to get the proof-of-concept up and running.  It could use some polish and error handling, but the basics are there.

I hope it is helpful.  Send me a DM if you have any questions.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 9.  RE: Add a phone number to favorites in Genesys Cloud

Posted 15 days ago
    Hey Jim!

That's pretty cool. It's also a really good example of how to program stuff like this into Genesys Cloud.

Thank you for the contribution!

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 10.  RE: Add a phone number to favorites in Genesys Cloud

Posted 8 days ago
    @Christoph Domaschke could you provide steps to create this? We have a PBX group that has a list of 20+ frequently transferred numbers. This trick would save them 1000s of clicks. ​

Shane Duncan
    Ballad Health

• 11.  RE: Add a phone number to favorites in Genesys Cloud

Posted 8 days ago

@Shane Duncan:
    I will try:

1. Create a script, that appears if the call comes in.
    In that script:
    2. create a string-variable "transfer number"
    3. place as much radio-buttons as needed. In every radio-button fill in:
    - Text: the name of the destination
    - Value: the variabe "transfer number"
    - insert variable: the number you want to transfer to
    4. place a button for "connect". there you fill in:
    - Click Action: Scripter.Consult Transfer with the variable "transfer number".

That's all. For details to scripts please read the excellent documentation from genesys cloud. The keywords you have to look for are listed above. If you have further questions while setting this up, please let me know.

Christoph Domaschke
    CRONBANK AG