Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Architect Call Transfers to Outside Numbers

Posted 02-21-2024 15:48

Hi guys, I hope everyone is doing well.

I have received an odd request (at least in my opinion).

The ask is for not only for certain callers to be transferred to an external phone number (easy enough) but also to an extension on the external phone number (no clue).

Have any of you guys ever been able to configure something like that?  Is it even possible.  My thought is that as soon as the transfer is connected, that I lose call control.

Thanks!

Tracee in Chattanooga

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Outbound
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Tracee Baddley
    U.S. Xpress Enterprises

• 2.  RE: Architect Call Transfers to Outside Numbers
    Best Answer

Posted 02-22-2024 01:21
    Edited by Samuel Jillard 2 days ago

Hmm good question - haven't tried myself in Genesys Cloud, if IIRC this was possible in PureConnect by adding a forward slash / and the extension to the end of the dial string and this would dial the extension e.g.

+16375550000/1234

Not sure if this same logic got applied in Genesys Cloud - but worth a shot :)

Also other systems might recognise a 'pause' event signified by a comma (,) e.g.

+16375550000,1234

Jeff

• 3.  RE: Architect Call Transfers to Outside Numbers

Posted 02-22-2024 09:16

Had a similar request in a Cisco CC environment.  Had to do a consult transfer, wait for far end to answer, play DTMF tones (as a prompt) and then complete the transfer.  I think you can do consult transfer in Genesys to an external number?  (not sure without testing it).  You just need to create the appropriate prompt with the DTMF digits for the extension needed recorded.  Again the question being can you initiate an external consult transfer with GC?

Shawn Gavan
    Voice Data Systems LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources