View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

• 1.  Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 08-10-2023 10:14
    Edited by Dan Wong 08-10-2023 10:27

Hi all

Is anyone getting reports of background ringing on Jabra 65 headsets.

These users have been working fine previously with these headsets.

Only started this morning.

Intermittently, the agent will get continuous background ringing on inbound calls.

Noticed a similar issue reported on the thread below:

Genesys Cloud CX - Genesys

#Telephony

Also noticed this notification appearing today for Jabra headset users.

------------------------------
    Dan Wong
    Domestic & General Services Limited

• 2.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 08-19-2023 18:35

Genesys added some controls for Jabra and Poly headsets for hands-free hold, answer, and disconnect on the headset.  Make sure you are running the latest software for Jabra on the local machine and you look at this:  Configure a Jabra headset - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 09-06-2023 10:06

We had impact in 2 of our US East Orgs and Evolve 65's.  The scheduled deployment on 8/30 : SDK Headset Library Update, aligned with the beginning of our reports of constant ringing upon an incoming call - .  Genesys was able to toggle off the SDK Headset Library Update in the 2 orgs we had impact in.  Post the revert, our agents had to logout and log back in to get the update.   In our case, the issue stemmed from having the Genesys Cloud Desktop running (which this customer uses for Screen Recording).  Without GCD running, our agents could get the incoming call without extended ringing when they logged into the embedded Sales Force webRtc.

John Korn
    Johnson & Johnson

• 4.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 11-27-2023 02:03

Hello John,

We are also facing similar issue in our Org where certain sets of Agent who uses both Salesforce to answer the call & Genesys UI to look at the dashboard get continuous ring, sometime the ringer keep on ringing after the call disconnection. When we gave reference to this thread in our Support ticket and asked them to disable the SDK they mentioned that for these users the ringer issue was there even when they are running Salesforce alone. So can you pleae confirm if your agents also faced this ringer issue when they were just using the Salesforce window alone.

Prateek Sethi
    Schneider Electric Industries SAS

• 5.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 11-28-2023 08:54

Hi Prateek,

It has always been the stance that having agents logged into multiple versions of the UI can and will create "phantom" ringing as both UIs are alerting simultaneously. Id work in the Genesys UI to try disabling/muting the ringing and audio controls of that UI or that particular browser window. If the agents answer in the CTI client focus on disabling the other. It's also possible that the new proposed partnership and integration with SFDC will bring the reporting and dashboards into SFDC similar to the way the WEM Activity screen works today.

Steve Alix
    EDCi

• 6.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 11-28-2023 09:23

Hello Steven,

Agree with you on opening multiple version will always have weird behaviour but as our agents needs access to genesys dashboard also we are left with no other option. This was working fine for long, but something happened in Aug'23 post which the issue started for us.

@Joe Ulrich We already tired with this setting, even in MS Teams under Device settings found one option on Sync Device, as per few internet links it supposed to help but nothing happened. 

Prateek Sethi
    Schneider Electric Industries SAS

• 7.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 11-28-2023 09:37

Very interesting that this only started to happen in Aug of 23. It's been an on going complaint for quite a while. I would strongly suggest you work to disable audio in the native UI. 

Make sure you are tracking this idea. Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal to pop out the dashboard into it's own window.

Aha remove preview
    Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal
    View this on Aha >

Steve Alix
    EDCi

• 8.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 11-28-2023 01:52

We have the same issue. But we are not using salesforce. What I did notice is that it only happens when we have multiple tabs open. So multiple tabs for the same ORG. (one looking at admin page people and the other at looking stations for example.)

Andrew Lagarde
    KPN B.V.

• 9.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 11-28-2023 09:09

We have the same issue with Jabra Evolve 65 SE's.  During troubleshooting, we found that if we install the Jabra Direct software on the machine and open that software, there are additional settings for both the Dongle and the Headset. 

Ultimately, the fix for us was disabling a setting called 'Ringtone in headset (Bluetooth)', which is found in the Jabra Direct software under the Dongle -> Softphone menu.  If you read the tool tip on this setting, it makes sense.  Since Genesys Cloud is playing a ringtone, this ringtone would be a duplicate and in our case, it was not behaving properly.

Additionally, I am not sure why, but this software does NOT pickup Genesys Cloud as a valid softphone within the headset settings.  Does anyone know if this is a configuration issue on our machines or is this a bigger issue with the software?

Joe Ulrich
    Evolve Bank & Trust

• 10.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 11-28-2023 13:58

Hello Joe, 

my name is Stephan and I am with Jabra. Jabra Direct shows softclients that have a specific integration with Jabra headsets. While Genesys integrated our call control SDK, it does not support all functionality including the one you mention. 

Stephan Keim
    GN Audio A/S

• 11.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 02-12-2024 05:52

Just to give some extra feedback. What happens for me is the following,

I get a call. All is well, it rings and I hear the customer etc.
    I disconnect the call. Now the headset starts to ring(again). If I get another call I can pick that up no problem. But if I don't, the headset keeps ringing indefinitly. even if there is no call being offered. If I refresh the browser the ringing stops.
    After the next call same issue. It rings after I disconnect the call but there is no call being offered.

The result being that after every call I need to refresh the browser.

Andrew Lagarde
    KPN B.V.

• 12.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 02-12-2024 06:03

Hi Andrew, 

Similar issue here although when the call ends and the next one comes through the ringing still continues to happen whilst our advisor is interacting with their customer. 

Lewis Staffa
    Liberata

• 13.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 11-28-2023 11:24
    Edited by Vince Cotroneo 11-28-2023 11:29

I wanted to share an issue I've been experiencing with the Genesys web app and my Jabra Engage 65 headset. Ever since Genesys introduced the ability to use HID (Human Interface Device) through their web SDK, I've been encountering some problems. I believe this might have been around August 23rd for some regions.

Here's what happens: Whenever I receive a call through the Genesys web app and if I decline or don't answer it, the headset's base continues to ring as if there's an ongoing call. The only way to stop this phantom ringing is by unplugging and then plugging back in the base. We confirmed that this issue is related to the HID functionality because when we temporarily disabled it, the problem went away. However, as soon as we re-enabled the web SDK with HID, the issue returned.

My Jabra Direct software is up to date, including the headset's firmware. So, that shouldn't be the cause of the problem.

Additionally, I've noticed that since the web SDK settings with HID were turned on, the Genesys web app takes much longer to load for me. It also constantly prompts me to acknowledge additional permissions, even though I try to select "always allow" and pair the device. Unfortunately, the pop-up keeps appearing.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced similar issues with the Genesys web app and HID functionality. 

Vince Cotroneo
    Zillow, Inc.

• 14.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 11-28-2023 14:05

Vince,

my name is Stephan, and I am with Jabra. I will connect with our contacts at Genesys if there is something we can help with. Genesys did improve its integration with Jabra headsets in 2023 and its unfortunate that something must have sneaked in. The way HID commands between the USB port and the headset work is that the headset only stats/ends ringing when it receives an event to start or end. 

stay tuned.... is somebody from the Genesys team monitoring this threat and wants to jump in?

best,

stephan 

Stephan Keim
    GN Audio A/S

• 15.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 02-12-2024 05:13

Hi,

Is anyone aware of where Genesys are with an update on this issue? I have a user that is having the problem daily, it has got to the stage where we are having to user a different headset all together as nothing is preventing the ringing noise.

Lewis Staffa
    Liberata

• 16.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

GENESYS
    Posted 02-13-2024 06:59

I recommend raising a Genesys Cloud Care ticket if you have issues with Jabra headsets.

Peter Buzas
    Genesys - Employees

• 17.  RE: Background Ringing Jabra 65 Headset

Posted 02-21-2024 19:33

We had this issue as mentioned in a prior response.

Genesys can toggle off the SDK Headset Library update.

It has resolved our issue in 3 orgs.   

John Korn
    Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources