Genesys Casual

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Contest - Tell Us Your Home Project Story & Win a Super Prize

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Contest - Tell Us Your Home Project Story & Win a Super Prize

GENESYS
    Posted 10-05-2023 13:09
    Edited by Nicole Milliken 11-06-2023 09:10
    No replies, thread closed.

"I am by birth a Genesys, and my family is one of the most distinguished of that online community." 

- an unauthorized collaboration between Mary Shelley & Matt Lawson

When did you feel like a mad scientist?

Modern technology never ceases to amaze us. What lies ahead? Who knows! But behind any great machine there is a human (or team of humans) that is making it work. Today, we want to know how you have taken the technology available in your daily life and made some strong enhancements to it.

• Did you create a formula to grow a tomato the size of a pumpkin? 
    • If a burglar enters your house do you have a robo dog or blood-thirsty vacuum ready to attack?
    • Did you concoct an algorithm to pick the ultimate Fantasy Football line up? or
    • Do you have two cans connected by a string so you can talk to your friend across the street?

From technologically insane to jerry rigged we want to hear about your greatest enhancement!

In our October contest, we want to hear the story of your passion project? Don't spare any details!

• What made you start this project?
    • How long did it take?
    • Any favorite (or least favorite) memories?
    • What were the results?
    • Did you have help along the way?
    • Does your project or bot have a name?
    • How did it turn out?

What do the winners get? A deluxe prize from the prize wall.

How to Enter? Reply below to this thread with your story! You can submit a video, power point, text, cartoon, whatever helps you tell your story and help us learn about the innovation you have going on in your daily life. 

Main Rule: No sharing contact information: phone numbers, emails, addresses, etc.

What kind of "Bot" qualifies? Naturally, anything robotic or electric is fair game, but we are also eager to hear about any automation processes, AI advancements, or reporting system that required you to dream big, stretch your knowledge, and get inventive, but ultimately made your life easier. 

There is a separate category for any Bots you use/created that incorporate Genesys software.

Ready, Igor?

Matt

#CommunityQuestions(Contest,Community,etc.)
    #Events
    #SuccessStories

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 2.  RE: Contest - Tell Us Your Home Project Story & Win a Super Prize

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 10-10-2023 19:26
    No replies, thread closed.

I have a couple.

First one is easy, very recently purchased a robot window cleaner, pretty clever little bot, has made cleaning the second floor outside windows much easier, and safer. 

Second one requires a little background.

I was born in South Africa in an Afrikaans speaking family, we had this recipe book that we kids would use to make some yummy treats. Moved to NZ when I was still young, and to force learn English, no Afrikaans was allowed in the house, but since I was young I ended up loosing much of my first language. Recently one of my siblings found that old recipe book, all in Afrikaans and send some photos of it through to our family chat.

Couple of buttons presses later, and Google Lens captured the text from the image, and then Google Translate converted it English into a document. Now I'm reliving my childhood through tasty treats. :)

Anton Vroon