Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Create a virtual extension

Posted 09-28-2023 15:52

Hello good day, I am new to genesys cloud and I would like to request your kind help, we have currently migrated a sip trunk with 100 sessions, I have been assigned the numbers to various service queues, but I have problems with some users who call and type an extension that is not assigned to a user, what I would like to know is,   whether it is possible to create virtual extensions so that you can assign them to a service queue. And with this I do not disconnect in the calls, in advance thank you very much.

Best Regards.

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Angel Marlut
    Royal Holiday Servicios Administrativos S.A. de C.V

• 2.  RE: Create a virtual extension

Posted 09-28-2023 17:53

Hi Angel

I've achieved this by way of having the flow collect input rather than listen for extension.  Then you can take that input, and do a couple of things:

1. Look up a data table for that # and then based on additional logic and field values in the data table send that call to a queue
    2. Use the API to see if anyone is associated with that extension and then route accordingly
    3. If no match in 1 or 2 then do something else

I've got things quite a bit more complex under 1 and 2 but at a high level that's something you could do

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: Create a virtual extension

Posted 09-28-2023 18:05

Hi Vaun McCarthy,

I really appreciate the help, I had been told that I could do it that way through a table, I just don't have much knowledge about how to storeNar data, I will have to read a little more.

Te doy las gracias

Mejores regrados,

Angel Marlut
    Royal Holiday Servicios Administrativos S.A. de C.V

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources