Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Data Actions Performance Alerting

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 11-29-2023 12:10

Hi,

I'm currently building out our solution to get alerts when data actions go over x threshold for duration and error rates. We can see all of this information in the Data Actions Performance View, but we need automatic alerting as it's not actively monitored.

As it stands, we're able to query /api/v2/analytics/actions/aggregates/query and get the 99% completion time. I was surprised that all of the metrics found in the performance view are not exposed here, as all we can get is the below:

{
                  "metric": "tTotalExecution",
                  "stats": {
                    "max": 1748,
                    "min": 162,
                    "count": 1768,
                    "sum": 520575,
                    "p95": 535,
                    "p99": 764
                  }

Since error rates are not exposed in the endpoint, we're only able to export a report hourly. Obviously, this is far from ideal but seems to be the only option. My current plan is to pipe all of this into Power BI for automated threshold alerting.

I was wondering if any of you have tackled this before and what solution you're using as I can't find any native way to report/alert on these metrics automatically. Or if you're doing something custom, I'd love to know what route you went for your organization!

Thanks for the read and I appreciate your insight.

#Integrations
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Caleb Smith
    Interstate Gas Supply, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Data Actions Performance Alerting

Posted 12-07-2023 18:41

Agreed.  That API could have used an Expand function, especially showing 404 and 429 errors.   Created idea for you:  Add expand to include other Data Action | Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal (aha.io).  @Richard Schott, would you mind commenting when you have time.  

In the meantime, you could use the Static Link on the scheduled export to get the full set of data remotely and systematically.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources