Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Delay to get calls

Posted 09-18-2023 00:17

Hi there.

Regarding to Call Centre environment.

I've been facing two issues for a couple of weeks in my company which people working from home usually get a little delay to receive calls when they move from Available status to Idle since I know it goes immediately as soon as you turn eligible to answer calls.

The second issue is, people working from home don't receive the calls first when they are the longest available agent. I made sure (up to that I know) that everything were correctly set up.

Hope someone knows

Regards

#Telephony

------------------------------
    Gabriel Goncalves
    Peter Warren Automotive Holdings Ltd

• 2.  RE: Delay to get calls

Posted 09-19-2023 19:17

You could install Operata for observability into any technical issues.

Gary Tuohy
    Operata Pty Ltd

• 3.  RE: Delay to get calls

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 09-20-2023 19:59

Do the working from home people's connection go through a VPN? Can that be bypassed to check if it makes a difference? Are you using on Prem Edges or Cloud Edges? When you run the phone diagnostic, or check the call detail through API, is there any significant increase in latency for home staff?

Anton Vroon

• 4.  RE: Delay to get calls

Posted 09-20-2023 20:28

Hi Anton, thanks for your message.

We do have VPN connection from home. I will try bypassing it.

How can I check the call through API ? Do I need to create one or is already there on the system ? Sorry, that's kind of my first experience with Genesys.

Gabriel Goncalves
    Peter Warren Automotive Holdings Ltd

• 5.  RE: Delay to get calls

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 09-20-2023 20:46

Probably easier to run the WebRTC Diagnostic, in the UI in that case as an indicator.

But you can run the Genesys APIs directly in the API explorer (https://developer.genesys.cloud/devapps/api-explorer

Login on the top right, with your normal Genesys login method, selecting the appropriate region.

Find the Conversation Detail API (https://developer.genesys.cloud/devapps/api-explorer#get-api-v2-analytics-conversations--conversationId--details)

Enter the conversationID, make sure you are not in reading mode and press execute. This will give you a lot, but also gives you the max latency.

You can also look at the MOS value in the interaction view which is an overall indicator (https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/mean-opinion-score-mos-overview/)

Anton Vroon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources