Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Cloud ACD Web Chat v1.0 Deprecation June 30 2024

GENESYS
    Posted 02-22-2024 15:31

Hey Community,

Migrate from ACD Web Chat to Web Messaging to gain enterprise features and level up your digital CX!

Web Messaging advantages over ACD Web Chat:

• Asynchronous conversations, customers can return and resume where they left off
    • Unified agent and supervisor experience across all Genesys Cloud messaging channels
    • Inbound and outbound image attachments
    • Basic and customized Messenger configuration and deployment in the Genesys Cloud Admin UI 

Unlike ACD Web Chat, which provides short-lived, standalone chats, Web Messaging enables a visitor to enter your site, converse with a chatbot or agent, and return later to pick up the conversation.

With Predictive Engagement, agents can view the entire customer journey as part of the web messaging interaction. Web Messaging shares the same features and capabilities as the other Genesys Cloud messaging channels that use ACD messaging to enable agents to respond to customer interactions.

Genesys ACD Web Chat v1 will be deprecated on June 30, 2024 per our January 24th, 2024 announcement with v2 expected to be deprecated later in 2024.

#ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Antwuan Rencher
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Genesys Cloud ACD Web Chat v1.0 Deprecation June 30 2024

Posted 02-22-2024 15:50

Hi @Antwuan Rencher!

Can you confirm that all outstanding feature requests to replicate existing functionality available in Web Chat in Web Messaging (emailing of Transcripts, inactivity timers, Schedule based availability on the webpage etc.) will have been honored prior to finally removing Web Chat?

Whilst I understand and, to a certain extent can agree with, you list of benefits of Web Messaging, not all customers / sites see this as a benefit and actively desire the atomic, short-lived, "live" interactions.

Thank you.

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 3.  RE: Genesys Cloud ACD Web Chat v1.0 Deprecation June 30 2024

GENESYS
    Posted 02-22-2024 15:57

Hi Paul, 

Excellent question, I will reach out to the Web messaging team to confirm "apples to apples" functionality and update you on my findings.

Antwuan Rencher
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Genesys Cloud ACD Web Chat v1.0 Deprecation June 30 2024

Posted 02-22-2024 20:47

This thread should get interesting.. I'll get the popcorn ;)

Vaun McCarthy

• 5.  RE: Genesys Cloud ACD Web Chat v1.0 Deprecation June 30 2024

Posted 02-23-2024 10:46
    Edited by Antwuan Rencher 02-23-2024 11:20

@Vaun McCarthy

🤣

Paul Simpson

• 6.  RE: Genesys Cloud ACD Web Chat v1.0 Deprecation June 30 2024

GENESYS
    Posted 02-23-2024 11:18
    Edited by Antwuan Rencher 02-23-2024 11:28

Hi Paul,

Here are my findings regarding your inquiry.

The current announcement is specific to ACD Web Chat V1 only, while ACD Web Chat V2 is still available.

Regarding the Chat features listed:

• Emailing of Transcripts is not available today with any version GC Web Chat: we'll address this via Product Roadmap, but there's no correlation with Chat deprecation.
    • Schedule support for Messenger visibility is already available: this can be configured by hiding Messenger launcher ("Hide until trigger") and then trigger visibility via Action Maps, that already support configurable Schedule Groups (see this link). This way you can show or hide Messenger on the your web page. Over time we will converge Action Map into Messenger, to simplify provisioning (see this Idea).
    • Inactivity Timers are being addressed as part of this highly voted Idea, likely 2024 timeline.

At the moment we don't see any functional blocker for future ACD Chat deprecation: planning will be announced in Q2, and teardown likely at the end of 2024.

Antwuan Rencher
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Genesys Cloud ACD Web Chat v1.0 Deprecation June 30 2024

Posted 02-23-2024 11:51
    Edited by Paul Simpson 02-23-2024 11:51

Antwuan,

Thank you for the response. I should point out that the features I listed were off the top of my head and this wasn't intended to be a comprehensive list. You mention V2 still being available, however in both your initial post and this response, you state it is going away at the end of 2024. That is only 10 months away and we all know how long some of these development projects take!

Regarding the transcripts, the argument I hear against this much-requested feature is that Web Chat is going away and Web Messaging is asynchronous.

Another issue that I have seen reported, although not personally tested or experienced, is that of the storage of session information. If I visit a website from my work PC and start a Web Messenger session, it is entirely possible that there will be no response for some time (given that the system is designed to be asynchronous.) So, I go home and re-visit the website from my home PC and the message history will essentially be lost. There are similar (although opposite) concerns with privacy when individuals share access to a PC.

My point here is that Genesys' view that "Web Messaging is vastly superior to Web Chat, in part due to their asynchronous nature." (paraphrasing your initial post, as well as other messaging coming out from Genesys) ignores the massive use case that many places have for Web Chat. They don't want asynchronous communication. They don't want the history to be available over several days etc. It's a live "one and done" conversation, very much like a phone call. Until Web Messenger can be configured, if required, to behave exactly like Web Chat currently does, then removing it will cause issues and may well cause people to reevaluate their commitment to the platform.

But maybe (hopefully) I will be proved wrong.

Paul Simpson

• 8.  RE: Genesys Cloud ACD Web Chat v1.0 Deprecation June 30 2024

Posted 02-26-2024 14:48

What will happen if an Organization continues to use ACD Web Chat v1 after the deprecation? Will the APIs and chat continue to work?

Dan Fontaine
    C1

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources