Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Cloud Alerts sending alert e-mails at 3am despite no calls coming into queues.

Posted 12-03-2023 22:07

So our opening hours are Monday-Friday 7am-6pm and calls flow into the queues during that time and outside that time, calls flow elsewhere. 

I have set up alerts in Genesys Cloud to alert when Service Level is below 50% on three queues. 

However, I am getting e-mail alerts around 3am a lot of the time. 

No calls are flowing to the queues, it'll be the weekend so no calls have been flowing to the queues all day. 

Yes consistently getting these. 

Any idea why this is happening? Anyone else had these?

#PlatformAdministration
    #QualityManagement
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Glen Tylee
    Fonterra

• 2.  RE: Genesys Cloud Alerts sending alert e-mails at 3am despite no calls coming into queues.

Posted 12-04-2023 01:46

Hi Glen

I don't use the alerts much at all, but I'm wondering... you say 3am, but I'm guessing that's NZDT?  So really this is something triggering at around midnight-1am in AU where the org is actually hosted?  Not sure if that helps you narrow down the cause.

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: Genesys Cloud Alerts sending alert e-mails at 3am despite no calls coming into queues.

Posted 12-04-2023 08:59

I have seen this, check to see if the alert's status is currenty alerting in the alert workspace, I have seen this happen and I have to manually turn off the alert and turn it on again.As to why its stuck in alert or how to properly address this I don't know yet but that should work if you have the same issue I have seen

Michael Lynch
    Ireland

• 4.  RE: Genesys Cloud Alerts sending alert e-mails at 3am despite no calls coming into queues.

Posted 12-04-2023 17:01

Piping in to say I had a similar issue. I was getting notifications for an alert every 18-21 hours, three at time with about 6 minutes between each - none of them during business hours. It's notable that I would get the email alerts and in-browser alerts, but these instances were not listed in the Alerts inbox. I tried turning the alert off and back on to no avail. I opened a case with care - it's still open and has gone silent, but the issue seems to have resolved itself.

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Solutions, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Genesys Cloud Alerts sending alert e-mails at 3am despite no calls coming into queues.

GENESYS
    Posted 12-05-2023 13:20

Hi Emily,

Although the issue is resolved, can you please provide the case # so I can follow-up on this?

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam
    Principal Product Manager, Genesys Cloud CX

• 6.  RE: Genesys Cloud Alerts sending alert e-mails at 3am despite no calls coming into queues.

Posted 12-06-2023 07:02

Hi Nikhil

Here's the case number: 0003385333

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Solutions, Inc.

• 7.  RE: Genesys Cloud Alerts sending alert e-mails at 3am despite no calls coming into queues.

GENESYS
    Posted 12-05-2023 13:23

Hi Glen,

Please log a ticket with Customer care with details related to alert rule and org and we'll look into as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam
    Principal Product Manager, Genesys Cloud CX

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources