Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

• 1.  Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

Posted 11-13-2023 15:38

Hello! We have run into an issue with PTO and wondering if you have a suggestion. 

We have advocates requesting partial PTO. I cannot duplicate this myself, but they are able to enter the request with 0 hours paid (this seems to be only happening on partial requests). When I tried myself, it auto changed my request from 0 hours paid to 5 min paid. 

When 0 hours are requested to be paid, this appears to by-pass our limits and auto-approves. As we don't have Gen connected with our time system, they are then adding the "approved" PTO in our time system and getting paid out. 

Any ideas here, something I might need to update in config? Thanks!!

#Genesys Cloud CX
    #Workforce Engagement Management
    #WorkforceManagement
    #Scheduling

------------------------------
    Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

Posted 11-14-2023 17:28
    Edited by System 01-26-2024 19:23

Hello!

We are noticing this same issue. However, this is only affecting one of our time off activity codes: "incentive time". In our experience when 0 hours and 0 minutes is requested as PTO the system sets it as pending then we manually deny it. I have included an image below of what this looks like for us. 

Addison Hild
    Athene

• 3.  RE: Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

Posted 11-15-2023 10:16

Thanks Addison, did you happen to notice any difference between how you have this code configured and the others? 

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

GENESYS
    Posted 11-15-2023 09:37

Hi Shannon,

I hope all is well. For your issue, I'm so sorry, I'm a little confused so need some clarification. When you say 'advocates' are these admins that have access to request time on behalf of an agent? Are they changing the paid hours in the time-off request to '0'? If so, then it would be expected behavior to not count against time off limits because they are requesting 0 minutes. But, I may be missing something. The same is true if the agent doesn't have a published schedule and doesn't have a work plan for the day that is being requested. Then the payable hours would be 0 and will not count against time off limits.

If the admins are then going into your outside WFM system (non-Genesys) and manually entering the time off requests and reducing the employee's balance, that would be a process outside Genesys that we can't control. 

Damaris Scott
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

Posted 11-15-2023 10:01

Hello Damaris, thanks for the reply. By advocates I mean agents. So for example, yesterday an agent requested partial PTO of 1.25 hours for beginning of shift today (schedule published). It came across as 0 hours paid, and was approved by Gen. Nothing came out of the limits as it showed 0 hours paid. 

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

Posted 11-15-2023 10:05

Also I should add, I incorrectly thought the agent was changing this themselves, but we have spoken to a few and now know they cannot do that function. It's system generated. 

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 7.  RE: Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

Posted 11-20-2023 14:41

Hi Shannon! 

A couple questions:

1. are we sure that they are submitting "partial" days off? I ask because I am also unable to request 0m paid with a partial, but the full day auto calculates their paid time for them with the opportunity for 0. 
    2. do the agents have a published schedule for the time they're requesting off?  
      1. If yes, then are they requesting a day that they aren't scheduled to work? With a published schedule the system will auto-calculate paid time off based on the published shift.  If there is no published shift, calculates for 0m.
        1. If yes AND they have a shift on that day, then we have a more interesting issue that I don't know the answer to. 
      2. If no, then my next question is: are they assigned to a workplan? if the agent has neither a published schedule nor a work plan for the system to default to, the system has no idea how many paid hours/minutes to default to and will default to 0m. 

Shelby Cronk
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 8.  RE: Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

Posted 11-30-2023 11:17

Hi Shelby-  my company is also having this issue and we have the 2.1.1 scenario.  Agents have a published schedule and work plan but on occasion (not every time) payable minutes are calculated as zero causing it to auto-approve outside the limits.  But we have also seen the reverse where somebody did not have a published schedule and the payable minutes calculated correctly.  We are having trouble replicating this as it doesn't happen everytime which makes it difficult to get a log to a tech support rep.  However we sent MANY screenshots.

Jodi Maffitt
    CNU Online Holdings, LLC

• 9.  RE: Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

Posted 12-06-2023 11:07

Hi Shelby thank you for the response. To answer your questions

-Yes, the advocates are requesting partial days and I agree there is not a way for them to manually change it to 0 hours paid. 

-Yes, most of the examples are on published schedules on days they are working (we only work Mon-Fri) though I have a couple on schedules that weren't generated or published

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 10.  RE: Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

Posted 11-30-2023 10:45

We have this same issue!  I'd be curious if you have opened a ticket with Genesys and if you were able to get an answer.

Jodi Maffitt
    CNU Online Holdings, LLC

• 11.  RE: Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

GENESYS
    Posted 12-01-2023 10:39

Hi Everyone,

We've had some great discussions on this topic, but it may have gotten a little confusing along the way. Below, I'll state some of the expected behavior. If your scenario does not fit the expected behavior, then I think there should be a support ticket submitted. But, also please let me know if I'm way off base to what the original issue was.

For the scenarios I'll define below, let's assume the following:

1. The agent is requesting time off on a published schedule
    2. The agent will not be scheduled for the day they are requesting, therefore we expect 0-payable hours
    3. The Time off Plan is configured to use and count towards time off limits
    4. There are not any available time off limits for the day the agent is submitting the request for
    5. There will be two types of activity codes we will test with. 
      1. Time Off Activity Code that is configured with the checkbox enabled 'Count as Paid Time'
      2. Time Off Activity Code that is configured with the checkbox disabled 'Count as Paid Time'

Scenario 1: Agent submits time-off on a published schedule that does not have a shift and the activity code used is set to 'Count as Paid Time'

Scenario 1 - Expected Outcome: The time off request will not get auto-approved and will be set to pending. The request will have an error message: "Your request was not auto-approved because the daily duration specified is not compatible with the scheduled or planned shift duration."

Scenario 2: Agent submits time-off on a published schedule that does not have a shift and the activity code used is NOT set to 'Count as Paid Time'

Scenario 2 - Expected Outcome: The time off request will get auto-approved with 0 payable hours.

Please let me know if I'm way off with the original problem. Also, if you have some screenshots you can share with me, please email them to damaris.scott@genesys.com (It's a little easier to upload documents via email).

If you are able to reproduce the behavior, I'll also be happy to schedule some time with you to see if we can brainstorm together to figure out what might be going on. 

Damaris Scott
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

Posted 12-06-2023 11:00

Hi Damaris thank you for the response. I do have a ticket opened. It's been difficult as I cannot recreate this my issue no matter what I try myself. 

I agree with your scenarios and expected outcomes. Unfortunately these expected outcomes did not occur. The examples I have are on mostly published schedules, with and without available time in time-off limits, with activity codes that are all paid, auto-approved at 0 hours paid. This does not occur often, but it does occur and has been for months though we just realized as we are in our busy season and have been over-approving time-off due to this. 

Would you like me to send screen shots? I have some that I sent off today to be added to the ticket.

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 13.  RE: Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

GENESYS
    Posted 12-06-2023 12:30

Hi Shannon, 

I'm so sorry it's not working as expected. If you can send me the screenshots to damaris.scott@genesys.com, I'll be happy to take a look. The best approach is a ticket (like you have done - if you can send me the ticket number too, that would be great), but I'd like to try and recreate it on my end if I can :) . Just an FYI, I'll be out 12/7 - 12/13 for a medical procedure. But, I will log on intermittently. 

Damaris Scott
    Genesys - Employees

• 14.  RE: Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

Posted 12-26-2023 10:03

Hi Damaris,

So this is the issue that we had seen at our company.

1. Agent has a workplan and a published schedule.
    2. They are submitting a partial time off request utilizing an activity code that is marked as "count as paid time"
    3. When the request comes through, there are zero payable minutes and thus the system auto approves it.

Now this issue is intermittent and does not happen all the time.  We had difficulty recreating it but we did submit several screenshots with our ticket to Genesys support.  The response we got was that the screen shots were insufficent as the support team was also unable to recreate the issue.

However, we got lucky and did capture lightning in a bottle.  While screen recording a rep, with logging enabled on her chrome, we did capture this bug in real time and sent that over.  Our support rep did confirm that it is in fact a bug in the system and all the information was passed on to service operations to dig in.

We have not heard anything else since though.  And we continue to see this happening and it is causing some issue because reps are getting approved for time off above and beyond our limits.  So if you happen to be able to nudge someone, that would be much appreciated.

Jodi Maffitt
    CNU Online Holdings, LLC

• 15.  RE: Partial time off bypassing time off limits with 0 hours paid showing

Posted 12-26-2023 10:32

@Jodi Maffitt - While it's unfortunate that you're having the same issue, misery sure loves company! That's amazing that you caught it live. Hopefully we can get some more eyes on it now as I'm feeling very tentative about turning auto-approval back on. 

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources