Genesys Cloud CX

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Permissions reference

Posted 4 days ago
    HI,

Dumb question time....

Is there  a resource anywhere that details the permissions and what each actually does / allows (and whether it's division aware or not)?

The resource center does a good job of listing the permissions required to perform a particular task (to do task A, you need Permissions X, Y & Z) but I need to see that in reverse - in particular, what the implication is of removing a permission.

Right now, I have a use case where I need to remove the ability for agents to transfer directly to a queue. The RC says that there are three permissions required (Conversation->Communication->Target, Routing->Queue->View & Routing->Queue-Search) but before I remove any of these, I need to be sure that I'm not breaking something else!

So, anyone have a link (or a search term) that leads to this information?

TIA
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Security

------------------------------
    Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 2.  RE: Permissions reference

Posted 3 days ago
    This will get you most of what you are looking for:  Products, roles, and permissions list - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Permissions reference

Posted 2 days ago
    We had the same problem and ultimately removed the Routing>Queue>Search permission. When we did this, agents could no longer see the friendly name of the queue in the Interactions data; the queue name appeared as the GUID. We ended up giving the permission back to a subset of agents, but still have problems with this subset of agents transferring directly to a queue.

Hope this helps!

Cory King
    IT Lead
    Interstate Gas Supply, Inc.