Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Record a live call by supervisor

Posted 09-27-2023 04:43

Hi,

we have a specific demand from our customer regarding the recording, they want that the supervisor can be able to decide if a live call will be recorded or not while assisting Agent during this call (silent monitor) and even if this interaction was not configured to be recorded (through Policies).

Is this possible ? can the supervisor make an action while monitoring a live interaction that will trigger the recording of it if he see that is important to be recorded ?

Thank you in advance.

#QualityManagement
    #SystemAdministration

• 2.  RE: Record a live call by supervisor

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 09-27-2023 07:37

Hey Mostafa, 

The only way I could think this MAY be possible is to use the /api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}/participants/{participantId} endpoint. There is a part there where it appears that you can enable recording. 

My theory at least is to create a simple data action collection that takes the participant ID from both the customer and the supervisor then hitting this endpoint. Though you would need to test it. If I have some time I could check it out myself but hopefully this leads you in the right direction.

Thanks, 

Lawrence

------------------------------
    Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 3.  RE: Record a live call by supervisor

Posted 09-27-2023 07:53

Hello Lawrence,

Thanks for your feedback and help.

So you mean either if the conversation is not supposed to be recorded (for example, an existing policy is already set to delete this interaction), by executing this API it can be recorded and override all existing policies ?

Indeed, we can configure a data action to be used by supervisors in order to enable recording, but I need to check how he can catch the input values like Participant ID, interaction ID....etc.

Regards.

Mostafa

Mostafa OUDDERHEM
    SABIO FRANCE SAS

• 4.  RE: Record a live call by supervisor

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 09-27-2023 08:00

My pleasure - 

At the moment it's just a theory - if the policy dictates it will be deleted then it still may do so. A bit of trial and error should figure that out quickly though :)

As for getting the input values, if you set up the data actions and then set up a button in the agent script to run these, you can use the variables from the script itself to pass these values in. ({{Scripter.Customer Participant ID}}{{Scripter.Agent Participant ID}}{{Scripter.Interaction ID}}) as you set up the data action in the script you can enter these in. 

Eg like below

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 5.  RE: Record a live call by supervisor

Posted 09-27-2023 10:41

Thanks Lawrence, I will try this and let you know.

it is a good idea, let see;

Thank you again.

Mostafa OUDDERHEM
    SABIO FRANCE SAS

• 6.  RE: Record a live call by supervisor

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 09-27-2023 23:04

Fantastic - please do let me know if you get it working :)

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 7.  RE: Record a live call by supervisor

GENESYS
    Posted 09-28-2023 12:41

That endpoint is for triggering ad-hoc recording -- e.g. you are starting the ad-hoc recording at that point. I think Mostafa is asking for a way to override an existing policy to retain the policy-based recording that has been happening since beginning of the call.

My suggestion would be to create an artificial wrap-up code, where you have a QM policy that would retain recordings based on this wrap-up code.  When supervisor decides to keep the recording, then as you said -- have the supervisor press a button to trigger a script that would insert that wrap-up code.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources