Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Retrieve contact's SMS opt-out through API

Posted 09-28-2023 17:09

Hello,

If we send an SMS to a customer and they reply STOP, is there a way to capture this preference through the API (or other means) so that we can update our records and make sure we do not send them SMS through other means?

Thank you. 

#DigitalChannels
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Jeremy Prevost
    Lentegrity LLC

• 2.  RE: Retrieve contact's SMS opt-out through API

Posted 09-29-2023 12:17

Jeremy,

I'm not sure whether Genesys even stores that information. The actual request (and it's enforcement) is handled by the SMS gateway Genesys uses. I guess you could set something in your inbound Message flow that looks for the messages and then uses a Data Action to update your CRM, but other than that...

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: Retrieve contact's SMS opt-out through API

Posted 10-04-2023 18:19

Paul,

We're hoping to use a campaign to send SMS messages to customers. Would I still be able to set up a data action to, for example, look for the word "STOP" then trigger a data action which fires an API call to an external API and updates our CSM?

Thank you,

Jeremy

Jeremy Prevost
    Lentegrity LLC

• 4.  RE: Retrieve contact's SMS opt-out through API

Posted 10-16-2023 18:36
    Edited by Jeremy Prevost 10-23-2023 10:47

Edit: Nevermind, it is "Message.Message.body" and I'm using it as part of a Switch which then leads to my Call Data Action depending on the word

Hi Paul,

This may be a silly question but I'm new to setting inbound message flows up, how do I read what the customer said? As in, if they respond with STOP or a similar message how do I then do something? I have a "collect input" in a call flow which is similar but I don't see anything like that on the messaging side.

Thank you,

Jeremy

Jeremy Prevost
    Lentegrity LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources