Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Screen Recording

Posted 11-24-2023 03:28

Is there any reason why a screen recording stops recording when a call is put on hold ?. Is this simply because putting a call on hold is classed as a "secure pause" ?. I have had an instance where the call is put on hold the screen recording stops however when the call is taken off hold the screen recording does not resume. I have checked the policy settings and there is nothing within those settings to state that call recordings would be paused when the call is on hold.

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    richard craig
    British Telecommunications PLC

• 2.  RE: Screen Recording

GENESYS
    Posted 11-27-2023 10:28

From a product standpoint, a hold should not stop screen recording at all.  Even when upcoming roadmap idea Ability to Suppress Call Recordings during Holds becomes available, it will not pause screen recordings.

Can you check if you are using a Professional Services' solution or a 3rd-party solution where Secure Pause was implemented upon detecting call hold?

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 3.  RE: Screen Recording

Posted 11-27-2023 11:39

Daniel - we have just followed the instructions on the Genesys Resource Centre and installed the GCBA and set up a policy but i cannot see anything within the policy around pausing the recording. 

richard craig
    British Telecommunications PLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources