Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Script does not load

Posted 02-16-2024 10:10

Greetings,

I am trying to use a data action in a script to read a Genesys Data Table. This action works fine on its own and generates a list.

In the Architect I can use this action and parse it into a string for example. But when I try to use this list to populate a dropdown list my script fails to load.

It seems that the Dropdown function is not working properly when using a variable instead of creating a list yourself with hardcoded values/ Variables.

Has anyone tried this before?
    If I can have a working example that would help. Or if anyone knows how to get some more data on troubleshooting a script?

The error I get with F12 is "values.map is not a function." which would suggest it does not accept a list of string?

#Implementation

------------------------------
    Andrew Lagarde
    KPN B.V.

• 2.  RE: Script does not load

Posted 02-23-2024 10:11

I know this was supposedly released, but I and others have found that when you assign a collection as a multistring in the script, it comes in as a single string and not parsed.  I would open a ticket on this as I was not able to get it working before and have not seen if it got fixed.  Anyone else find out how to accomplish this?  @Chad McCormick, do you remember this?

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Script does not load
    Best Answer

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 02-25-2024 18:21
    Edited by Andrew Lagarde 03-04-2024 09:54

In Architect when you supply the input, that converts the array to a string, with new line \n deliminated values by default. The Agent script however deals with comma separated values for it's arrays, because why would you want those to be consistent? As a result, if for the input variable in architect you do ToString(Task.ThiIsAnArray,",") Then it works in the Agent Script for the dropdowns.

I still think it is a bug, but will probably be a feature request for arrays to work with new lines instead of commas.

Anton Vroon

• 4.  RE: Script does not load

Posted 02-26-2024 03:24

Thanks! 
    I will test this out and let you know. 
    But judging from your reaction it will probably work.

Andrew Lagarde
    KPN B.V.

• 5.  RE: Script does not load

Posted 03-04-2024 09:54

Thanks, worked like a charm.

Andrew Lagarde
    KPN B.V.

• 6.  RE: Script does not load

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 03-05-2024 15:07

Glad to hear it.

Would be nice if we didn't have to do that extra step though.

Anton Vroon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources