Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  select a calling destination by date/time frame from a data table

Posted 11-30-2023 08:16

Dear community,

I got a request to setup a flow to call the current manager on duty.

The manager (destination phone number) is changing from time to time.

So I have created a data table with "DateTime_Start" (=key), "DateTime_End" and "Destination_Number" and entries like this:

"2023-11-13 18:00", "2023-11-20 08:00", "+4916012345"
    "2023-11-20 18:00", "2023-11-27 08:00", "+4917212345"

The agent can call the IVR/flow every time with the same number and the flow should evaluate the correct destination number based on the table entries and do a transfer call. Sounds not that rocket science and it's easy to implement in CIC on-prem.
    But how can I archieve this in Genesys Cloud?

Question(s):
    Is there any possibility in Architect to use the DataTable tools and some kind of expressions to select the correct row?
    Is there any other possibility to get the current DateTime including the timezone (e.g. 08:00 UTC +2h => 10:00) without using two API calls (one to get the current DateTime in UTC format and one to get the timezone shift in minutes?

I alsowas thinking of having start and end DateTime in the first "key" field and using some kind of regular expressions.

Are there any solutions out there?

THANKS!

BR, Robert

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Connect with a Customer (NEW)
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

• 2.  RE: select a calling destination by date/time frame from a data table
    Best Answer

Posted 12-01-2023 08:49

Hi Robert, I had similar requirement and was thinking to use data table then someone mentioned to use Operating Schedules and made it much easier. Maybe you can try to test this if this will meet your requirement

------------------------------
    Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources