Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Silently monitoring agents

Posted 11-30-2023 20:10
      |   view attached

Hi,

Is it possible to silently monitor live calls of an agent ?

Currently when the agent goes into the my interaction view, they can learn they have been monitored.

This is revealed by the binoculars icon appearing under the "Internal Participants" section of the Interaction Metrics area (screenshot attached).

#Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Burak Sofu
    NTT Australia Pty Ltd.

• 2.  RE: Silently monitoring agents

Posted 12-07-2023 19:42

I could not believe it, but I could not find an idea about this.  I am surprised that people have not complained about this before.  I created this idea:  Add permission to restrict visibility of | Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal (aha.io).  @Daniel Ho, do you have any work-around for this?  Do you have any plans to hide this with a permission?

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Silently monitoring agents

Posted 12-07-2023 20:58

Thanks for creating the idea Rob. I voted for it. 

Burak Sofu
    NTT Australia Pty Ltd.

• 4.  RE: Silently monitoring agents

GENESYS
    Posted 12-08-2023 18:22

Thanks Robert. I've added my analysis to the Idea, and we can carry on the discussion there.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 5.  RE: Silently monitoring agents

Posted 12-08-2023 18:34

Good idea.  Now we all know that agents play the system and fine every loophole there is to avoid being discovered what they are saying to customers and with most companies only monitoring 1% or less of calls, there is little chance they will be caught.  Having the ability for agents to actually see when they have a supervisor is a real problem.  We had a customer tell us that one agent found this loophole and shared it with just about every other agent, so what happens?  Agents answer call, and has My Interactions up in another screen, click on that interaction while they are talking and then watch the watcher.  They were terribly nice when being monitored and totally disinterested when not.  Of course, random selection of calls revealed. this behavior, but there was no correlation until they watched a screen recording and saw what they were doing.  Would it be so hard to have a Monitoring->View permission that disables the binoculars and the columns?

Anyone else out there with similar issues?

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 6.  RE: Silently monitoring agents

GENESYS
    Posted 12-11-2023 08:16

Thanks for the context, Robert. As responded in the Idea, I don't think just hiding the binoculars and columns does the trick.  Fundamentally, "participants" are an important aspect in the conversation model, and so there are other ways to understand the presence of a monitoring user in a conversation.  We will further analyze potential solutions through discussing in the Idea (so comments don't get lost).

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources