Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SMS Messaging Down

Posted 11-29-2023 16:54

In several AWS USW2 ORGs where inbound/outbound SMS messaging is in use, the feature is not functional, but with no errors reported.  I noticed this today, but a peer I contacted said they observed the same problem in both East and West ORGs.  A high priority Support Case I opened on the problem has had no response.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  

To clarify what I'm seeing:  Inbound texts to SMS routes/flows (using Genesys-purchased SMS numbers) are not reaching the Flows and are not creating Interaction IDs.  Outbound SMS messages sent from Flows or Agents are showing as successful, and DO create Interaction IDs, but are never received by the recipient.  

More specifically: testing directly by executing the /api/v2/conversations/messages/agentless method results in the same outcome

NOTHING on the Genesys Cloud System Status Page.

#DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Jason Rottero
    WTI Holdings LLC

• 2.  RE: SMS Messaging Down

Posted 11-30-2023 09:37

According to Genesys Support, this problem is caused by failure to register SMS numbers with the regulatory documentation process for existing SMS 10 digit long codes.  From https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/genesys-cloud-support-of-10dlc-10-digit-long-code/

Do I need to register existing 10DLC?

Yes. If you are already using 10DLC's for SMS and have not completed registration, you will need to complete registration to avoid service disruption.

Jason Rottero
    WTI Holdings LLC

• 3.  RE: SMS Messaging Down

Posted 11-30-2023 11:44

Yes, new FCC regulations require ALL numbers to be registered by number and customers.  If you have not registered since August of 2022, I would suggest you  ask Genesys if you have that in place and if not do so now as it takes 6-12 weeks.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 4.  RE: SMS Messaging Down

Posted 11-30-2023 12:07

The registration process for 10DLC looks eerily similar to the short-code application process, which we are 7 months into with another customer and still no approval (only minor changes are requested, but with weeks-long delays between communications).  Should customers expect the same timeframes for 10DLC, particularly when the SMS use is incidental (non-campaign)?

Jason Rottero, GCP
    Wildcard Technology, Inc

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources