Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

So here's one example of an idea raised that PMs give no feedback or responses on - months later still waiting

• 1.  So here's one example of an idea raised that PMs give no feedback or responses on - months later still waiting

Posted 11-28-2023 15:09

Okay so here's an example of an idea that I raised that just got marked as will not implement without any communication from a PM, or response to my questions.

Ability to specify one or more supervisors for the new work teams feature and have that then flow through to roles

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/OP-I-1418

How many others have ideas that ended up lost in limbo because of this?  I've made the suggestion many times to have a report run on those will not implement type statuses vs recent comments as I suspect there's more out there.  I'd imagine if a "new" Genesys user joined and saw that they wouldn't bother commenting or voting even if there's actually an ongoing need for the functionality being proposed.

In the case of this idea, why wouldn't it at least get into a discussion?  Okay so maybe not leveraging Work Teams for this, but maybe some other group type?  Using the reports-to/relationship info?  But no, just blindly mark it will not implement and forget it?

If we really want this ideas portal to be of value let's make it work :)

#Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #Security
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy

• 2.  RE: So here's one example of an idea raised that PMs give no feedback or responses on - months later still waiting

GENESYS
    Posted 11-28-2023 15:44

Hi Vaun, 

First, let me express my sincerest apology for not including an explanatory note when I closed the idea that you referenced. This was an oversight on my part which I have corrected. 

I'd like to assure you that we in Genesys Cloud Product Management value all of our customers' and partners' contributions to the Ideas Portal. We are currently building more structure around our internal processes so to provide more information, transparency, and haste in our responses. Please expect to see marked improvement as we continue to work to make the Ideas Portal valuable to all of us!

Becky Powell
    Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: So here's one example of an idea raised that PMs give no feedback or responses on - months later still waiting

Posted 11-28-2023 16:39

Thanks Becky, appreciate the candidness.  Would I be correct in assuming certain statuses no longer send comment updates to the PM team though?  I guess the catch here is that if something is marked as will not implement, people won't even try to vote for it even if they actually want/need it.  What's the criteria that is used to determine how long you wait on voting for?

Vaun McCarthy

• 4.  RE: So here's one example of an idea raised that PMs give no feedback or responses on - months later still waiting

GENESYS
    Posted 11-28-2023 16:52

Hi Vaun, we don't have a specific threshold that we use to determine how long we will wait for voting. In this case, the idea was over a year old and didn't have a single vote - even the original submitter had removed their vote. I took that as a sign that the idea was obsolete. I see that I was mistaken and I do apologize.

I will investigate with our Ops team why it was that I didn't receive your comments after the ticket closed. I do not believe that that should be the case.

Thanks again for sharing your experience - your feedback matters!

Becky Powell
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: So here's one example of an idea raised that PMs give no feedback or responses on - months later still waiting

Posted 11-28-2023 17:39

Thanks yes, sadly it's a case of removing my own vote from an idea raised so that vote could be used elsewhere but still trying to have the idea itself stay "live" if that makes sense.

Vaun McCarthy

• 6.  RE: So here's one example of an idea raised that PMs give no feedback or responses on - months later still waiting

Posted 11-29-2023 02:04

I agree with Vaun here with his comments and feedback.

I've also got many examples of Idea's 'Will Not Implement' with no responses or explanation why:

External Contacts: Add external contacts to main search bar
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-78

Option to Toggle HTML on Emails in Agent's conversations view
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-1256

Multiple external tags with customized tag names
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ANLS-I-117

Be able to set a contact to private. (Hidden from directory)
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/UCC-I-250

User Transfer to Architect Flow and return to agent
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-123

Give agents the ability to control auto-answer
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/OTB-I-182

To match the outbound calls phone number format and scheduled call back phone number format
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/OTB-I-263

And then there's these ones that says 'Feature Already Exists' - when it clearly doesn't and even asking for clarification, there's been no response either.

Remote monitoring of desktop application and/or web client with remotely triggered diagnostics
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-444

Busy Tones on Consult Transfers
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-406

Regarding Becky's comment about 'even the original submitter had removed their vote' - this is often due to the creator either not having any votes available or has then decided with the limited number of votes available there is something worth more on the vote - even though the idea might still be useful or valuable. 

Then even when votes aren't 'released' from ideas in 'Will Not Implement' or 'Not Currently Planned' - do I keep my limited votes allocated to these seeming 'dead' ideas to show I'm still interested even despite the status, or remove them and just give up on the idea.

Even when there are highly voted ideas been in 'Community Feedback Requested' for 2+ years. E.g. the Genesys Go Mobile app created 5 years ago with 425 votes - a admin comment in April says "we need to allow the community a bit more time to vote and comment" - how much more time and voting is needed to prove this is popular?

Jeff

• 7.  RE: So here's one example of an idea raised that PMs give no feedback or responses on - months later still waiting

Posted 11-29-2023 09:30

I don't think I could hit the like button enough times on this topic (again). 

I am one of those people who have basically given up on the Ideas Board.  There are ideas that have a status change (especially to will not implement) without explanation, ideas that are implemented with little to no votes and other ideas that have a ton of votes just sit and age, ideas where people ask for an update and get no response, ideas that say they are completed or merged with other ideas, but they do not meet the original requirement of the request, etc. and all of this is absolutely infuriating.   Every couple of months someone makes a post like this, and we get the "we hear you and we are making changes", but it just continues to happen.  

When an idea is submitted, it should be reviewed by Genesys and be assigned an owner.  That owner should post their interpretation of the request to ensure everyone has the same understanding of the issue/request.  Then the owner should be responsible for updating the idea (at a minimum) once a quarter.  If the status of an idea changes at any point, it should be required that an explanation is given as to why it was changed.  

Jason Lorden
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

• 8.  RE: So here's one example of an idea raised that PMs give no feedback or responses on - months later still waiting

Posted 11-30-2023 12:01

100% in agreement with you. I can't remember the last time I submitted anything for the same reasons given here.

Additionally, I see where there are overlapping ideas that could be consolidated to gather more votes, then when ready to consider for moving up in the queue, asking more questions to sort out the sub points and get to the root functionality being requested by all.

I just dealt with a new Genesys customer who gave up on the entire Ideas board because one of their burning issues was split up across multiple ideas, though one of them had 400+ votes (If I remember correctly.)  "What's the use?" was their response.

Kevin Brown
    Miratech, Inc
    United States

• 9.  RE: So here's one example of an idea raised that PMs give no feedback or responses on - months later still waiting

Posted 11-29-2023 14:41

Thanks for adding in here Jeff.  I also notice at least one on your list went from Accepted to will not implement without any admin/PM comment at all even after an initial comment confirming they are planning to do it.

Vaun McCarthy

• 10.  RE: So here's one example of an idea raised that PMs give no feedback or responses on - months later still waiting

Posted 12-08-2023 00:01
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 12-08-2023 00:27

Hi Becky

Is it possible to create a separate forum maybe here where you (Genesys) can openly post and ask for constructive feedback on improving the ideas portal?  You'll see from this thread and others like it there's a few thoughts out there on how it could be improved.  It will also be good if maybe Genesys could put openly into that same forum what they're doing behind the scenes to improve this :)

Vaun McCarthy

• 11.  RE: So here's one example of an idea raised that PMs give no feedback or responses on - months later still waiting

GENESYS
    Posted 12-08-2023 09:31

Excellent idea, Vaun! I will raise this with our product leadership team!

Becky Powell
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: So here's one example of an idea raised that PMs give no feedback or responses on - months later still waiting

Posted 11-29-2023 08:50

I am a new contributor to the Ideas Portal and had a similar experience.  My submission was marked as will not implement without any explanation, despite following up twice to request an explanation.

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/?my_ideas=true

This was especially frustrating, since in my opinion the issue is a system design error.  I was informed when I initially reported it that the system was operating as designed and advised to submit it as in idea.

Eileen Andrews
    DuPont

• 13.  RE: So here's one example of an idea raised that PMs give no feedback or responses on - months later still waiting

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 11-29-2023 16:36
    Edited by Anton Vroon 11-29-2023 16:38

Agreed the ideas portal needs to be better managed.

For a company that is the communication and customer experience business, this isn't leading by example.

Some of the ideas sitting there without updates are basically memes at this point.

Internationalization of Dates being such a prime example. With 200+ votes it clearly has a lot of interest and even after your EPIC comment on there back in JULY, nothing from the PM, I get that they might be waiting on other features to be completed, but we just don't know. 

And there are others with even more votes where we are asking for updates, repeatedly with no response. Very frustrating.

Really do hope to see this improved.

Edit: Considering creating an idea on the ideas portal to improve the management of the ideas portal. But like a lot of people, used all my votes and don't want to remove them from the smaller ones in case they just get axed.

Anton Vroon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources