Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Testing Agent Import

Posted 09-18-2023 03:17

Hi,

we are developing an agent import tool using Genesys Cloud API, and I just realized something really scary:

how does Genesys license everything? Let's say we would like to test the tool and import 10 agents. And our developers create an Excel list with 10 new agents that the tool would import. How do we ensure that we are not billed for all them since we would never use them?

Or is Genesys starting to bill more on the number of concurrent calls?

Thank you. 

#Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    WE PROUDLY SUPPORT UKRAINE.

• 2.  RE: Testing Agent Import

Posted 09-18-2023 14:25

AFAIK, you only get billed each month for Agents who actually log in.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: Testing Agent Import

Posted 09-18-2023 21:54

I wonder what to do in this case. 

We are developing an internal tool to import the agents, and we need to test it.

So you are only charged when you login in? Would someone else know more?

WE PROUDLY SUPPORT UKRAINE.

• 4.  RE: Testing Agent Import

Posted 09-18-2023 23:43

To my knowledge, you (may) have your minimum commit value first then you have your named or concurrent peak amount.  Both are then billed based on actual logins - named counting every user that logs in over that billing cycle, and concurrent is the peak # of users logging in concurrently within that billing cycle.  From a concurrent perspective there is/was an overlap allowance for shift changes of about 30 minutes or something like that.

It also depends on the licensing level for the user logging in.  If someone only has collaborate only licensing, then that user logging in doesn't count towards your billing since they're not using features including in GC[123] type levels.

Vaun McCarthy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources