PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Best practice for Cisco phones

Posted 08-07-2014 19:16
    Guys, I'm looking for an advice how we should configure our cisco phone with IC4 server. We have Cisco phones registered to CallManager and Callmanager has SIP trunk to IC4 servers. Yes, I have read the integration guide for Cisco CallManager for our version. The doc says we should setup auto answer for the phone line since the talk event is not supported on Cisco side. I got that. I tried setting up the line as auto answer. When I make outbound call, I don't have to press the answer button on cisco phone, the phone will answer and ring the other end, which is cool. For inbound call, the cisco phone just ring and answer automatically without me doing anything which is not desired by our users. For inbound call, we don't want our cisco phone to ring immediately. We want the cisco phone doesn't ring until we click the pickup button in .Net client and then Cisco phone will answer automatically without user pressing answer button. I know pickup button supposes to send "talk event" to Cisco which Cisco doesn't understand. But it's okay since we have auto answer turned on. But the issue we have now is the pressing pickup button throws an error every time we click it. Please see attachment. Our cisco phone set up as workstation as integration guide suggests. Is this pickup button behavior normal for our case? Thanks guys. Hailu

• 2.  RE: Best practice for Cisco phones

Posted 08-08-2014 03:13
    Got a quandary there. Yes, Auto Answer is great, IIIFFFF you have your agents hit Pickup on the Client. So, it comes down, do you have users just hit the answer button on the phone or do you want them to hit Pickup on the Client. Either way, they have to do something! I like the idea of the ringing and having the user pickup the phone or hit speakerphone to answer the call. Yes, when they are calling out, it means they have to do it as well, but at least it works mainly like a phone. Now, even better is to have the Cisco phones as workstations on the ININ, so that when the users dial out of the Cisco phone, it registers as an outbound call on the client. This is the best of both worlds. Calls comes in and they can answer the phone like normal. They can also dial like normal using the phone. Only thing that is a pain is dialing through the Client, they will have to pickup the phone when it rings. Not the perfect solution, but when you try to mix oranges and apples, you sometimes get Jamba Juice and other times hard cider. You ask for Best Practice, but that is hard to say since every environment is different and user preferences vary.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources