Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

Louis Goh

Louis Goh01-29-2018 01:59

• 1.  Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

Posted 01-29-2018 01:59

• 2.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

Posted 01-29-2018 02:04

i have created a email flow to make the email interaction waiting until open schedule to transfer to ACD, it works in my test environment, but it is found that the email interaction only can stay in a flow for 3 hours, after 3 hours, it will disconnected automatically.

So i have no idea to make it happen.

• 3.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-23-2019 09:24
    Basically, the only thing that has been done so far is to increase the limit to 24 hours instead of 3. That enhancement was released a month or two ago.

https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-252 and https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLPLA-I-284 are a couple of related Ideas you can vote for

------------------------------
    George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

Posted 10-27-2019 14:12
    Hello George

Thank you very much for your response.

For my clarification please, does that mean using the "Wait" function in the architect, the email can only wait for 24 hours and will be disconnected if it is not sent to queue in-time?

Thanks and regards
    Samuel Polgar
    CVT (Global) Pty Ltd

• 5.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-28-2019 09:17
    Yes, that is correct. It used to be 3 hours before disconnect, now it is 24. Which does not get you through a full weekend.

Genesys

• 6.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-30-2019 15:56
    The email will not necessarily be disconnected if it exceeds the 24 hour window. It can be sent to an error queue at that point.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-30-2019 16:36
    You are talking about the Error Event Handling, correct, Lucie?

But, there is no way to automatically transfer emails from that error queue back over to the original queue...it would have to be done by someone picking them up and transferring to the main queue, or using the API (if that's possible...I haven't worked through whether it could be done). Is that correct?

Genesys

• 8.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-31-2019 09:09
    Yes, the email will be delivered to the error queue you define. The agents would pick it up from that queue.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-31-2019 10:53
    Ok. Thank you!

Genesys

• 10.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

Posted 01-30-2018 15:29

Email SLAs currently do not take into account open or closed hours. It's a feature we have in the backlog.

• 11.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

Posted 01-31-2018 02:55

will it be included in the road map 1q or 2q of 2018? any workaround(like do something in the email flow) for this currently?

• 12.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

Posted 12-11-2018 04:54
    Hi all,
    any update on this feature?

Sergio Picchioni
    Bizmatica Sistemi S.p.a.

• 13.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

Posted 10-22-2019 18:48
    Hello community

Is there an update on this feature, please?

Thanks and regards
    Samuel Polgar
    CVT (Global) Pty Ltd

• 14.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

Posted 10-23-2019 02:56
    We've been using purecloud for a few years now and have been pushing for this feature with no avail. Genesys did propose a work around about holding emails back and putting them in another queue untill a certain time but this wasn't practical. 
    Emails are a truely weak feature of Purecloud and has caused a number of issues during our time in using it. Basic features such as cherry picking not being available causes us problems on a daily basis.

sam spicer
    Curo Group

• 15.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

Posted 10-27-2019 14:15
    Hello Sam

We are very much looking forward to the Cherry Picking features as well, which will provide great enhancements to agent workflow.

Do you mind explaining the workaround that Genesys proposed, please?

Thanks and regards
    Samuel Polgar
    CVT (Global) Pty Ltd

• 16.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-28-2019 09:15
    I posted this higher in the thread, but it probably should be down here:

Basically, the only thing that has been done so far is to increase the limit to 24 hours instead of 3. That enhancement was released a month or two ago.

https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-252 and https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLPLA-I-284 are a couple of related Ideas you can vote for

Genesys

• 17.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-31-2019 10:57
    Just an additional note...there is an Idea regarding In-Queue Email flows that folks might want to comment on and vote for:

https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-476

Genesys

• 18.  RE: Is there any solution or workaround to stop the SLA clock for email interaction during closed schedule period?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-31-2019 12:09
    For the SLAs themselves, at this point we plan to extend the timeout to be longer than 24 hours but we need to do more work before that is available.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources