Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Reoccurring problem answering calls & GUI functionality

Posted 01-18-2018 21:18

Hello all,

For the last few months we've been seeing an issue where the agent is trying to answer a call, they click 'Answer' and nothing happens. Additionally, we see GUI unresponsiveness, such as agents being on queue in the GUI they see, but they are in fact off queue, if they hit F5 they see they are off-queue. This happens to all our agents, and occasionally it will happen for all of them at once.

We have opened a ticket with our VAR and Genesys but they are trying to blame the PCs and the network. I don't see any evidence of this so we are continuing to push them.

Today PureCloud notified of an outage and it was basically all the same issues we have been seeing, just more acute. Makes me think the problems are resultant from issues in PureCloud, not the PC or network.

Anyone have the same issues?

• 2.  RE: Reoccurring problem answering calls & GUI functionality

Posted 01-19-2018 08:34

Sort of same issues here :  we also see GUI unresponsiveness, such as agents being on queue in the GUI they see, but they are in fact off queue, if they hit F5 they see they are off-queue. Or agents going Off-queue without any action by Agent.

I have noticed high memory usage in Chrome Browser. We are now thinking about a higher RAM (from 4gb to 6gb) for PureCloud Users.

I think that if memory is (to) high, some things are getting slower (like notifying PureCloud you are still 'alive') and that's why users are set off-queue.

• 3.  RE: Reoccurring problem answering calls & GUI functionality

Posted 01-19-2018 21:03

Hey @Rogier Bosch?, all of our laptops have 8GB RAM, so I don't know if that will help.

We had a call with Genesys this morning, they are not sure either what the issue is.

• 4.  RE: Reoccurring problem answering calls & GUI functionality

Posted 05-04-2018 07:52
    Did either of you ever resolve these issues? We've had an ongoing issue since 21st March (the day PureCloud back end is updated?) with very similar issues, namely:

• Agents are unable to see waiting calls in PureCloud (only that there is a call waiting on our dashboards) and have to use the SIP stations to answer the call
    • Agents are unable to place customers on hold or secure pause
    • Sometimes clicking on secure pause disconnects the call
    • Agents are unable to wrap-up a call after ending

Pressing F5 to refresh the Chrome tab seems to work. We have tried numerous things including testing the PureCloud app but the same happens (I think the app uses Chrome somewhere?).

We made no changes to our setup as all updates (Windows, Chrome, Java etc...) are strictly controlled and not allowed to auto update. We have noticed that the PureCloud process is using a large amount of RAM and Memory after the issue occurs - prior to it usage is around 2-3% CPU and 250-300MB RAM.

We've had a support ticket open since that day and have provided numerous console/network logs but we aren't getting anywhere. TBH this is just one of many issues we face with PureCloud on pretty much a daily basis.

Thanks,
    Geoff

• 5.  RE: Reoccurring problem answering calls & GUI functionality

Posted 05-07-2018 10:50
    Hello -

I am in firm agreement on controlling updates, as you never know what will adversely affect what software. Unfortunately, that appears to be contraindicated with Genesys' continual development process for PureCloud and the inherent fix-break cycle.

Have you tried updating a single station to the latest versions of Chrome/Java/Windows and see if that remediates some of your issues. The continual development/deployment cycle seems to depend on the latest versions of everything. I've seen horrific call handling issues fixed by upgrading to the latest versions of everything. Backward compatibility is challenging. Your reported memory hemorrhage may be a result.

• 6.  RE: Reoccurring problem answering calls & GUI functionality

Posted 05-08-2018 05:10
    Hi Patrick,

We have upgraded several workstations to the latest Chrome, Java and Windows updates as a test which has made no difference. We are about to trial Firefox as initial tests show this may not have the issue. We have also tried upgrading/downgrading our Edge's as a test but again no difference.

The constant break-fix cycle really impacts our business as everything can be working fine only for it to suddenly stop - for an organisation  with nearly 200 call centre agents it really impacts our teams and my IT team who are always running around trying to fix the issues. If we didn't have other projects going on at the moment I'd be looking to replace the product.

Thanks,
    Geoff

• 7.  RE: Reoccurring problem answering calls & GUI functionality

GENESYS
    Posted 05-08-2018 12:54
    This is completely a guess, but based upon what you are describing it sounds like your Internet connection may be unreliable.

Have you done analysis on that connection to see if the bandwidth consumption is fine (probably is) and that the connection is consistently good? Also, making sure no ISP between you and the AWS cloud is having trouble routing traffic back and forth?

------------------------------
    George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 8.  RE: Reoccurring problem answering calls & GUI functionality

Posted 05-11-2018 06:03
    Hi George,

We have had both the local network and our external MPLS circuits checked and all have come back with no issues on latency or routing. Our primary MPLS circuit is 150MB and our usage is around 40MB on average so we have a lot of head room - our backup circuit is 100MB.

We use AWS for other systems and none of these have shown any issues either.

Thanks,
    Geoff

• 9.  RE: Reoccurring problem answering calls & GUI functionality

Posted 10-31-2018 12:13
    We have been experiencing reoccurring problems answering calls & GUI functionality since going live. We have been working with Genesys and IT but have not been able to correct the issues.  Are you still experiencing still problem?  Have you been able to make any changes that have improve the issue?

Michael Haddad

• 10.  RE: Reoccurring problem answering calls & GUI functionality

GENESYS
    Posted 10-31-2018 14:31
    Hi @Michael Haddad, A colleague sent me the link to this post. I'd love to help. I'll send you an email directly now to do so.

Cass Sapir
    VP, Customer Success
    PureCloud

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources