Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  login form bypass when using code grant/implicit grant authentication

Posted 05-22-2017 09:43

On our organization we will be using the REST API to reproduce some of the PureCloud functionalities on the organization's Unified Front End. Since both front-end and PureCloud will integrate with an Active Directory, the intermediary step shown in the authorization tuturials does not apply. Is there a way to bypass this login screen whe using code grant or implicit grant autentication methods?

Thank u.

Regards,

Daniel

• 2.  RE: login form bypass when using code grant/implicit grant authentication

GENESYS
    Posted 05-22-2017 15:19

In order to get proper assistance on this topic, please post the question on developer.mypurecloud.com. 

• 3.  RE: login form bypass when using code grant/implicit grant authentication

Posted 05-22-2017 16:12

Hi George,

Thank u for ur answers. I will post this question in the developer forum.

Regarding ur comment on Client Auth, I've got the impression that when reproducing typical agent functionalities, like call management for instance, on our own applications the user based authentication would be more suitable because I would be making REST requests to, for instance, "get calls from my queue" instead of "get calls from user x queue". Am I thinking the wrong way?

Thank u.

Regards,

Daniel

• 4.  RE: login form bypass when using code grant/implicit grant authentication

GENESYS
    Posted 05-24-2017 15:10

You are thinking correctly regarding Client Auth - it is not meant for a User Interface tied to a specific user.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources