Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Re: Alerts

Posted 04-18-2017 16:21

Alerts are triggered based on Alert rules  created, currently as per the resource centre Alerts are triggered once every 30 Mins ( unless you reset it by turning it Off/On) , means if a same event is triggered within 30 mins it will not generate an Alert, but if the next event happens after 30 mins Mark it should reset the counter and fire an Alert   but seems like its not true.. I waited 30 + mins but  no alert were Triggered  even if  the  next incident happened after 30 + mins or 1st Incident..unless I reset the Alert Rule by turning it off and On again or unless I clear the alert..

my question is :

1) Is there a way to change this to alert every time when  event conditions are met ? if not is there a way to auto clear those alert , so that it auto reset the counter ?

• 2.  RE: Re: Alerts

GENESYS
    Posted 04-18-2017 19:30

Hi Ronak,

Here's a response from one of my coworkers who is an Alerts pro..."The issue appears to be that there is a misconception that the rule "resets" on the 30 minute mark.  While background statistics generated by Analytics reset, the rules do not.  The rule will only reset when an event occurs that takes it out of alarm, not because of any time period that has passed.  So while we don't have specifics for the alert in question, lets take an example.  Lets say we have a rule that goes into alert when abandoned interactions for a queue is greater than 5.  That rule will stay in alarm until we get the notice that the count is less then 5. Which depending upon what happens in the next half hour may or may not happen. So until the next 30 minute period starts up and another abandoned interaction happens, thus setting the value to 1, which is less then 5, the rule will stay in alarm.  This is particularly bothersome when rules are created that fire when values are > 0, since that will never go out of alarm. Nothing happens in the background that generates a notice that for a time period a queue has 0 abandoned interactions.  This situation is because the alerts are reactive to what happens in the system and not to the lack of something happening."

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Clay

• 3.  RE: Re: Alerts

Posted 04-19-2017 20:31

hi Clay,

Many Thanks, this  will definitely help for most of Alert types, but not for the alerts having a Value >=0 . In my case i trying to configure an alert on a Test queue, I want to know immediately if any Voice interaction is offered to that queue. Hence i configured it with a Value of >=0 and it does trigger alert first time  and than it stays in Alerting mode for ever unless I login and  reset the Alert rule.

So based on your explanation it seems like its working as designed.. Is there any way we could modify this settings to fire an alert every time the event occurs or may be introduce some timer  to auto reset it after certain interval

Thanks,

Ronak

• 4.  RE: Re: Alerts

GENESYS
    Posted 04-20-2017 16:03

Hi Ronak,

That's a great idea and we've added an enhancement request on your behalf.

Thank you!

Clay

• 5.  RE: Re: Alerts

Posted 10-23-2017 22:19

Documentation online suggests that there is a 30min reset - I read it this morning here https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/work-with-alerts/ and it's a little misleading given all the above.

I've also noticed that you should be able to receive an SMS / Email of both - but when toggling on the function for both then going back to check the settings only one of the two checkbox options (sms / Email ) stays on.

Seem there is a bug with this allowing you to select both options if you want to receive both.

• 6.  RE: Re: Alerts

GENESYS
    Posted 10-26-2017 12:50

Hi Garth,

The documentation was incorrect, and I've updated the note to confirm that alerts reset only when an event occurs that takes it out of alarm. Thank you for catching that.

Also, we've submitted a bug fix for the SMS/Email checkbox issue, and that should be corrected soon.

Thank you,

Debbi

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources