Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Video Calls

GENESYS
    Posted 03-14-2017 17:49

Hello,

Have we plans to initiate a video call since an Inbound call?

Ex:  A customer calls to Genesys Support, the customer needs to show some thing.  Could Genesys support begin a video call with the customer? 

Thanks. 

• 2.  RE: Video Calls

GENESYS
    Posted 03-24-2017 12:35

Hi Pablo,

We have two features nearing completion, screen share and co-browse, that sound like they might fit your needs. 

Screen share lets an agent start a screen share session during either a voice or web chat interaction. With screen share, agents can see the whole customer desktop, or just a specific application. Right now, screen share only mirrors the sharer's screen--there is no control feature.

Co-browse lets agents start a session during a web chat (voice support coming later). Co-browse is only for web pages or web applications, but it has an option that lets agents ask to take control of the web page so that they can do things like navigate and help fill out forms.

Both screen share and co-browse require some development and set-up on the part of the organization using them. 

Let me know if you have more questions :)

• 3.  RE: Video Calls

GENESYS
    Posted 03-31-2017 14:33

Adding to Caitlan's comment...

The way Screen Share would work to achieve what you are asking:

1. The agent is talking to a caller, and the caller wants to ask a question about something they are seeing on their computer

2. The agent tells the caller to browse to a web site which has the screen share components for PureCloud embedded.

3. The agent starts a screen share session, which gives the agent a key.

4. The agent then tells the caller to click on the web site control (button, usually) to start screen share, and gives the caller the key to enter. That connects the caller's end of screen share with the agent's session.

Once they are connected, the agent will be able to see the caller's computer screen.

As Caitlan said, it requires some web development to set up the web site with screen share capability. On the agent side, the ability to start screen share is controlled by permissions, and will be available in the agent's client interface.

All available soon!

• 4.  RE: Video Calls

GENESYS
    Posted 03-31-2017 15:03

Thanks George and Caitlan, We were looking for a feature  to start a video call not screen share.  any idea?

• 5.  RE: Video Calls

GENESYS
    Posted 03-31-2017 15:07

There is no capability to do that.

Why do you want to switch to a video call? If the customer has a webcam, they can show the video it is capturing to the agent through screen share (through, for example, the Logitech software Quick Capture feature).

• 6.  RE: Video Calls

GENESYS
    Posted 03-31-2017 16:59

They just want to see the customer's face or body.  They are selling social securities and somethings attending sick persons remotely. 

• 7.  RE: Video Calls

Posted 06-27-2023 07:51

Hi Team,

I'm opening this old thread since I can't find any recent discussions on that feature.

My customer would like to do Video Chat with their customers - they are in the domestic appliances sector and the aim would be to have their customers displaying their products and showing how they are using it, so that they can assist them accordingly. 

Is it a feature that is in the Roadmap or else, is there any add-ons that they could use in order to have that functionality within their Genesys Cloud solution?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Lionel Largent
    Orange SA

• 8.  RE: Video Calls

Posted 06-27-2023 08:50

Hi Lionel,

There are a number of options on the AppFoundry (search for video) including some with augmented reality which may fit that sector by drawing on top of the customer video. Imagine circling the button to press.

The ideas portal has a number of video related ideas but I can't see a suitable one.

There is an old one of mine but I cannot edit as this was more based on calls than video at the time.

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-1059

Richard Chandler
    Connect

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources