Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Headset Settings

Posted 03-09-2017 16:31

We are using WebRTC  and various headsets. Under Phone Selector/ Phone settings. When you select your microphone and speaker, when you log out of Pure Cloud, and then log back in, these settings routinely revert to default. Is there a way to have the settings you select stay?

• 2.  RE: Headset Settings

Posted 03-13-2017 19:42

Hello Marty,

Are you using the desktop app or a browser?  If you are in the desktop app can you right click at the top and choose "About" and let me know what version you are on please?

Thank you,

Chad 

• 3.  RE: Headset Settings

Posted 03-13-2017 21:32

It is not saving for me or the people here in either. The Desktop app is version 1.9.401.0 When we log out and back in, our default microphone shows “Microphone 1” and default speaker shows  “Speaker 1” I had previously set each to Jabra UC Voice 150a. 

Marty

• 4.  RE: Headset Settings

Posted 03-13-2017 21:46

There was a fix that went out for this last week.  Can you try setting it and then logging out and back in?  Please let me know if it is not persisting after that.

Thank you,

Chad

• 5.  RE: Headset Settings

Posted 03-13-2017 21:56

I had actually just tested myself when I posted earlier. Is there possibly a newer update?

• 6.  RE: Headset Settings

Posted 03-14-2017 18:57

Do you have the headset set up as the default device on your computer?  See the second tab in the following article.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-purecloud-softphone-audio/

Thanks,

Chad

• 7.  RE: Headset Settings

Posted 03-14-2017 21:12

I logged out closed the app, then logged back in and it stuck several times. The third time the settings reverted to Microphone 1 and Speaker 1. Nothing was changed on my laptop. The headset is plugged directly into my laptop. I asked two others in our company to test and they replied that their headsets were set as default, plugged directly into their laptops. They logged out, closed the app, logged back in and their Microphone also was Microphone 1 and Speaker 1.

Marty

• 8.  RE: Headset Settings

Posted 03-14-2017 21:14

Thank you Marty.  I have logged this as a bug with internal teams and they will be working on getting this fixed asap.

Chad

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources