Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Re: Incoming Fax on Purecloud DID

Posted 02-21-2017 17:18

I am trying to send a Fax from my external Analog Fax Machine,  to my Purecloud DID ,and it doesn't work. Phone just rings and I can answer the call  ,but it doesnt detect the fax tone. any idea what differentiates  a normal call and a Fax call on Purecloud edge ? I have verified that I have a Send and One Number- receive permission for Fax to work, is there any other settings  on edge or Trunk that needs to  be configured for Incoming fax to work ?

• 2.  RE: Re: Incoming Fax on Purecloud DID

Posted 02-21-2017 19:16

You should only need the one number fax permission for inbound fax to work.

You can troubleshoot and check whether you have the permission assigned correctly:

- Call into the user DID from an external number and check to see if you hear the prompt 'please wait while we connect you to..."  If you do then that means the user has one number fax permission enabled.

• 3.  RE: Re: Incoming Fax on Purecloud DID

GENESYS
    Posted 02-21-2017 23:54

Another thing to check - the trunk that connects the fax call to your Edge has to support T.30 fax protocol. If you are on PureCloud Voice, you should be fine, but if on another carrier or using a gateway to connect calls to your Edge, make sure that protocol is supported.

If you are using an FXS gateway to connect the Analog fax to PureCloud, see the article at 

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/add-analog-fax-machine-purecloud-telephony-system/

(which also mentions Note: The connection to the PureCloud Edge requires a SIP interface using a UDP or TCP protocol that support g.711 mu/a-law media. The Edge does not support SIP fax over T.38. )

• 4.  RE: Re: Incoming Fax on Purecloud DID

Posted 12-19-2023 08:08

Good morning Ronak,

Did your issue resolved, I am having the same issue, would like to know what the solution is.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,

Claudette

------------------------------
    Claudette Reid
    Financial Debt Recovery Limited
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources