Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  CHAT permissions

GENESYS
    Posted 11-10-2016 18:00

I wonder if its possible to disable the CHAT feature just for a specifc rol?

• 2.  RE: CHAT permissions

GENESYS
    Posted 11-10-2016 18:10

Great question, @Pablo Hernandez!  I bet @George Ganahl would know.  George, do you know if it's possible to disable a chat feature just for a specific role?

• 3.  RE: CHAT permissions

GENESYS
    Posted 11-10-2016 18:27

No. The internal Chat capability is built into the Collaborate license, and is not controlled by a specific Permission. Even a user with just the "employee" role has chat capability, and you cannot remove the employee role from a user.

• 4.  RE: CHAT permissions

GENESYS
    Posted 11-10-2016 18:37

Hey George, Thank you so much. I was suspecting the answer.   

• 5.  RE: CHAT permissions

GENESYS
    Posted 11-10-2016 18:37

and is there a way to prevent agents from chating between them?

the customer is worried that they will start "playing" around instead of working

• 6.  RE: CHAT permissions

GENESYS
    Posted 11-10-2016 18:42

Es mi placer, Pablo.

Cristina, siento mucho, pero no. Right now you cannot prevent users from chatting with each other.

The good thing is that being on an internal chat does not prevent an agent from receiving an ACD interaction.

• 7.  RE: CHAT permissions

Posted 01-26-2018 17:19

Was just looking this item up for a customer, Just wondering if there has been a change on this as the last update is over a year old and Pure Cloud changes so fast. I am not seeing any way to disable the chat feature. Is that still the case?

Thanks

Marty

• 8.  RE: CHAT permissions

GENESYS
    Posted 01-26-2018 22:20

No change, and I don't see any work being done toward it.

• 9.  RE: CHAT permissions

GENESYS
    Posted 01-26-2018 22:44

I found that you guys can use the "Chrome for Purecloud" app as a very well option to avoid communicate chats.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources