Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Messenger - Page name identification

Posted 07-06-2021 06:21
    Edited by Matt Lawson 05-09-2022 09:30
    Dears,

I have a quick question. 

For example one of my clients have multiple facebook pages and the integration is done. lets say there are 5 pages and all the messages are routed to the same queue.
    Now the agent needs to know from which page the message is coming. i couldn't find any thing in built in the scripter variables. is there any way to get this and show in the script.

your response will be highly appreciated.

Regards

#GenesysCloud #DigitalChannels #messenger #inboundchat​​​​​
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #DigitalChannels
    #Implementation
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Teja Darbha
    Jathwa Technology Solutions
    teja.darbha@jathwa.com
    Riyadh Saudi Arabia

• 2.  RE: Messenger - Page name identification

GENESYS
    Posted 07-07-2021 07:04
    Hi Subramanya,
    The page name is not exposed on the Conversation. However the Facebook Integration name and Id are exposed. In this case since the client has 5 Facebook pages, that means there should be 5 Genesys Facebook Integrations. It's a 1 to 1 relationship. So all you need to do tie the IntegrationId on the message Conversation, with the page that integration is associated with. In Architect the Integration information is exposed in the following variables
    Message.Message.targetAddressInfo == IntegrationId
    Message.Message.targetAddresses == Integration Name 

So you can use either of those to then tie it to the page, and then you could Set Participant Data action in Architect to reference the Page name from the Integration Id the message is going to for instance. 
    Hope this helps.

Greg

Greg Boston
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Messenger - Page name identification

Posted 07-07-2021 08:04
    Dear Greg,

Thank you for you response

Yes i found out that using the "Message.Message.targetAddresses" luckily i gave the same name as the facebook page for the integration. so it was not a big issue. or
    I was expecting to create a logical statement with the page id returned value matching the names. However, this variable "Message.Message.targetAddresses" helped me out. 

Thank you once again 

Regards

Teja Darbha
    Jathwa Technology Solutions
    teja.darbha@jathwa.com
    Riyadh Saudi Arabia

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources