Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

• 1.  Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

Posted 01-31-2022 11:38
    Good morning

Does anyone here experience the reporting on historical data is not available consistently. Seems every time I need to find a prior month's data or maybe even custom time frame the performance page errors out. I also cannot get a report to load for same data. It's extremely frustrating and disruptive to my business needs.I have entered a support ticket but not much was provided regarding a resolution. It also sometimes works. [Just not always when I need it] Just curious if others have experienced and/or submitted for support on this issue also.
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

• 2.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

Posted 01-31-2022 22:58
    Hi Julie,

My customers have also been experiencing this same issue. The following link was shared by Genesys Support once we opened a ticket to address the issue: Performance View Best Practices. My team and I have tested running them over and over at different times of the day and by filtering small portions of data, just as recommended, but still not consistent. Along with the link, the Genesys Support Analyst has shared that an issue was found and has been addressed by Dev team with AWS, but no ETA was provided.

I wonder if someone here would have any additional information about this. Our customers have been really impacted with such limitation.
    #Reporting/Analytics #performanceviews #historicaldata​​​​​​

Thais Leal BELISL
    InvenIT Prestacoes de Servicos LTDA

• 3.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

Posted 02-01-2022 07:04
    We have also been experiencing this and Genesys has not acknowledged it as a system wide problem but will point the finger back to us and our browser setup, internet connection etc. It is frustrating to have to deal with not being able to get simple historical data, Genesys lacks a lot when it comes to even simple reporting.

Bruce Dunn
    State of Delaware

• 4.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

Posted 02-01-2022 10:12
    As Thais indicates, this appears to be due to CloudCX's heavy reliance on AWS services and likely isn't something that Genesys can immediately change without AWS' involvement. Hence the delay in correcting the problem.   As Jason stated, more than a few organizations have regulatory requirements that this affects.  I am not optimistic about a partner solution from the App Foundry helping given the reliance on AWS services.  I'm thinking that the root cause needs to be addressed regardless of how the data is being requested.

• 5.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

Posted 02-01-2022 07:20

Hi Julie,

Same problem with our customers. Customers complain they could get 6 months historical information but recently even 3 months is a problem. Trying a few minutes later sometimes works.

Genesys answer:

Per development team's investigation , this is confirmed due to requesting too much data. The UI error is what we'd expected according to documentation as well. The 503 error in the back end is what gives this away. Unfortunately at this time, the workaround is to leverage best practices that essentially indicate breaking down to smaller queries - https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/performance-views-query-best-practices/

It seems to me there is a performance issue on the Genesys platform.

Ronald Groenestein
    KPN B.V.

• 6.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

Posted 02-01-2022 08:49
    Thanks all. Well at least I am not alone! I received the same response from support regarding Best Practices and it's not helpful. I can't even get one month back consistently so the suggestion to limit the search criteria isn't helpful or sustainable. Most reporting requested/needed is on a quarterly basis. I do also track monthly so I have to manually come up with a quarterly report. 

The response from customer support: Our product management team and development is aware that this does appear to be occurring more often and actively investigating to resolve long term. Unfortunately to fully resolve, it will take some time and we will need to utilize the best practices to assist in limiting the possibility of hitting this error: 

There really is no work around and we just have to cross our fingers on the day when we are trying to do reporting. It's pretty bad.

Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

• 7.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

Posted 02-01-2022 08:51
    We have been experiencing this issue for about a year now.  We have opened tickets, tried to use API's, worked with various people at Genesys and no one has been able to offer any solution other than to run the reports for smaller data sets and then manually compile the stats ourselves or pay for a third-party solution. 

We have compliance and regulatory guidelines that require us to provide year to date (YTD) stats and there is not a systematic way for us to do that via Genesys at this time.  Because manually compiling and calculating stats come with the risk of human error and these stats are needed for compliance, we are in the process of looking into (and paying for) an AppFoundry tool to help us pull YTD stats for us.  Needless to say we are rather unhappy that we have to pay money to get what (at least I feel) should be core functionality.

Jason Lorden
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

• 8.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

Posted 02-02-2022 04:53
    Genesys Cloud APIs and more Genesys Cloud real time data allowing one to build personalized APIs fantastic no issues on our applications from any of our clients, for some time now. Just my input please dont shoot me down, it is just my 2 cents,  I have read and feel the pain in all the comments. The power of applications like Genesys Cloud is in the background, well at least for us it is. Cloud applications in general should be there to allow one to build onto what ever model drives an organization. The world of waiting for a product to be built with everything one wants straight away is gone, but one should have the ability (with some development) to extend the cloud model one is using. From a data side we have not come across anything we couldn't do by using the backend data of Genesys Cloud. And yes if one has to take a custom model it should be flexible to client requests as well membership based this allows for a client exit if there is no value or if the price is ridiculous. The reliance on AWS is correct all custom models should be looking at different options all the time, custom models should always be changing and adapting as required, we build around Azure but have started testing outside this space with other global companies (other than Google, Microsoft and AWS) that offer quicker service and believe it or not better up time, security etc.. and a willingness to work together.  I hope all comes right for you guys. Kind Regards

Warren Beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

• 9.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

Posted 02-02-2022 08:35
    Hi Warren, 

Thanks for your feedback.  I can say that I have tried to pull the year to date data using API's and received the same timeout issues that I experienced in the UI.  I can also say that I am not a developer so maybe there are other ways of pulling the data that you have found that work for you, but the recommendations provided to me by Genesys still timed out.  I know one of the reasons we moved to a cloud solution was to get away from being reliant on programmers and developers. 

Getting monthly, quarterly and YTD data is core to any contact center and this issue needs to be addressed ASAP.  The fact that it seems to be getting worse to the point where we are having trouble pulling even month to date data is greatly concerning to me.

Jason Lorden
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

• 10.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

Posted 02-02-2022 10:18
    Hi Jason, 
    I fully understand what you are going through. Your role as a business driver is not to have to use APIs. For us when we started out on this Genesys development journey a few years ago building data applications we never built these data applications as a development team but as an end user using the application, then we had clients dictate what they want to see as free addons, not us, flexibility being the key, now there are continuous changes which are shared with all clients. An example raw data was a request a long time ago, it was added as a  free addon (no charge) to our application so the Genesys Cloud analytics is structured in 8 csv files to download stored for 30 days as a standard some clients longer and an API access so a backend data team uses 4 lines of code we give to get their structured data, the client is also in control of generating the Genesys Cloud security ID in the application as well as having active directory access. Reporting we are now encouraging clients to test drive live report data up to 150 days with us to see how we need to improve our models to handle larger numbers. You talk about the use of developers totally agree with you, we are releasing a model soon that does not need any coding or developers just an imagination, again keeping the end user as the owner and driver.  It is very interesting to see how far one can extend the use of Genesys Cloud data with other applications.

Warren Beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

• 11.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

GENESYS
    Posted 02-03-2022 10:33

We want to acknowledge the issues several customers are experiencing impacting performance views and the ability to successfully complete data exports.  Resolving this issue is currently our top priority to ensure our customers can get the data they need in a timely fashion.

Our development team is currently reviewing performance enhancements to increase the efficiency of our data services to enable the retrieval of larger batches of data at one time.  We are also actively exploring an additional enhancement to our export service to optimize the data extraction for larger volumes.

As with all new development on Genesys Cloud, we will perform rigorous testing to ensure we provide stable and scalable solutions to meet our customer needs. At present, we are targeting a release of these improvements to pull larger data requests via our export service as soon as possible.  Current timeline expects that we can be ready to release the first iteration of improvements next month.

Ryan Legner
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

Posted 02-03-2022 10:54
    Hi Ryan, 
    Can you add some more light onto larger volumes (amount of records). I would presume if you are allowing for larger volumes in performance this will also mean the rate limit usage for APIs is going to be increased in a months time. 
    Kind Regards

Warren Beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

• 13.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

GENESYS
    Posted 02-03-2022 12:19
    Our current focus is to restore the UI and export abilities back to the amount of volume customers have been accustomed to retrieving within the performance views.  We have a number of efforts underway to increase that performance as much as possible.  The rate limits won't be an option to be raised as it would only allow more traffic to flow through at one time and would only increase the demand the endpoint is under.  We have a clear need for a batch style retrieval of metric data which would be the recommended option for any export style/large data retrieval request.  Obviously that's not something we can offer in the coming weeks, but it will be a more appropriate solution for quarterly and yearly data retrievals for any organization with significant volume.

Ryan Legner
    Staff Product Manager, Genesys Cloud CX

• 14.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

Posted 02-03-2022 13:43
    Did something happen / was something changed?   Seems odd that something that was working, and now isn't, requires developers.   I'm just asking since you said "Our current focus is to restore the UI and export abilities back "

Brenda Wynne
    Alcon Vision LLC

• 15.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

Posted 02-03-2022 23:08
    Thanks Ryan for answering what I was thinking. It is going to be interesting in the future to see how you use metric data for larger data for all clients. Just a question if increasing a rate limit is not a option are you going back to creating a product like application or a cloud application that allows for personalization. Are you then intending on limiting the API usage more.

Warren Beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

• 16.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

GENESYS
    Posted 02-04-2022 10:17
    The future goal will be to create multiple avenues to access metric data where each one will be applicable to specific purposes.  We wouldn't intend to further limit API usage, we would approach the problem to identify why applications are needing to push up against those limits to identify a gap in the product offering to achieve that goal in a more efficient way.

Ryan Legner

• 17.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

GENESYS
    Posted 02-04-2022 10:09
    Preliminary investigation shows that's it's mainly legitimate load that's putting pressure on the cluster.  We are researching potential abusive access patterns and we're exploring additional avenues to provide additional means to access metrics.  The basic overview of the issue is that the larger amount of requests against the cluster, the less it's able to retrieve at one time.  Our focus is to rectify inefficiencies so that we can retrieve larger data volumes at once.

Custom development work can bypass this issue if it's programmed to retrieve the data bits at a time and assemble it together programmatically.  We're exploring options to break down the queries further with our export service, but given our scale to support all the users that use the export service we have limitations on how we can safely do that so we do not bombard the service internally or cause exports to take an excessive amount of time to complete.  This methodology would be less of an issue for an application that's not producing a large queue of reports.

I appreciate your feedback!  Rest assured we are pursuing all avenues to resolve these issues with the highest priority.

Ryan Legner

• 18.  RE: Reporting on historical data not functioning consistently

Posted 02-04-2022 11:21
    Hi Ryan, 
    Thanks for the feedback. The one point I agree with you on is 'we would approach the problem to identify why applications are needing to push up against those limits to identify a gap in the product offering to achieve that goal in a more efficient way.'  We do this already with our clients extracting large amounts of data, we are very interested in their business modelling and the detailed reasoning behind what drives the need for all data,  we drive trends in all our models this is very important. 
    Kind Regards 

Warren Beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources