Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Conversation Priority and Score

GENESYS
    Posted 09-03-2021 17:15
    Edited by George Ganahl 09-20-2021 19:17

Recently I have been asked for more detail on exactly how Priority influences interaction selection for routing, especially if you use the API to change the priority while an interaction is in queue.

Ok, here is basically how it all works...

When an interaction enters a queue it is assigned an initial convScore which equals the 13-digit representation of the current datetime in milliseconds (stackoverflow.com has lots of discussions around the topic of this timestamp...I won't bog you down with details), minus the Priority score in milliseconds assigned in the Transfer to ACD action. NOTE: The Priority score is equal to 60,000 milliseconds for every point of Priority.

If you change the Priority of the interaction via the API (or using an Architect action when that comes available) the convScore is immediately recalculated, which affects the interaction's Position in Queue (PIQ) and Estimated Wait Time (EWT).

There is nothing logged anywhere you can access to see the convScore, as far as I can find or anyone has been able to tell me. If you really need to know, Support can see the value(s) for an interaction in back-end logs.

Note that if you transfer the conversation to another queue (or back into the same queue), the base convScore gets reset to the time it enters/re-enters the new/same queue and the Priority offset will be applied to that new convScore.

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 2.  RE: Conversation Priority and Score

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 09-05-2021 18:14
    Thanks for this George

Can I just get some clarity however.
    With the scenario
    10 calls in Q max current wait time is 10 minutes.
    Next call comes in.
    its convScore = current datetime + what ever priority is set in the transfer to ACD action, for this lets just say 0
    If I then use the newish API to set the priority priority to 9 (9 minutes) nothing changes to the convScore at this point
    When an agent goes available to take the next call, it will at that point calculate the priority for this new call and add 9 minutes to the convScore.
    And does it then recalculate/reevaluate the priority of all calls at that point? Or are you saying the only time it re evaluate the convScore is during the transfer to ACD action?

Anton Vroon
    KiwiBank

• 3.  RE: Conversation Priority and Score

GENESYS
    Posted 09-20-2021 19:22
    Edited by George Ganahl 09-20-2021 19:21
    Anton, I edited/re-wrote that initial post with some extra information.

Basically, to answer your question, the convScore is recalculated for an interaction every time the Priority changes, ​, so the FIFO order of the interactions immediately changes based on the new Priority.

I was incorrect when I originally said that the score was recalculated only when an agent comes free...I went back and got clarification from Dev, since it didn't make sense the more I thought about it.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Conversation Priority and Score

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 09-20-2021 19:35
    Perfect Thanks George

That makes a lot more sense to me now :)

Anton Vroon
    KiwiBank

• 5.  RE: Conversation Priority and Score

Posted 11-10-2021 13:35
    Note that if you transfer the conversation to another queue (or back into the same queue), the base convScore gets reset to the time it enters/re-enters the new/same queue and the Priority offset will be applied to that new convScore.

If a customer calls in and is sent to queue A with priority 100 and is answered by an agent.
    Customer states they need to be at queue B.
    Agent transfers customer to queue B.

Does the interaction retain the initial priority and enter queue B ahead of other appropriate interactions?
    What would the differences be, if any, between consult and blind transfer in this scenario?

Hans Ashmun
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources