Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Web Messaging Enhancements

Posted 03-23-2022 21:25
    Edited by Matt Lawson 05-09-2022 09:30
    We have a customer coming from Pureconnect and they have Chat embedded on their Web Page.  A couple of features they have today is the ability to place their company logo and name at the top of the Chat window.  This is to be able to provide their branding to their customers.  The other is the ability to offer the chat window only when there are available agents.  Today Web Messaging is always on, always off, or triggered by business logic.   I have placed ideas in the portal but wondering if anyone has found workaround for this.  Thanks.
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #DigitalChannels
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Martin Bunting
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

• 2.  RE: Web Messaging Enhancements

GENESYS
    Posted 03-31-2022 16:41
    Hi Martin.
    Configurable Name/Logo is planned later this year, see Idea here.
    As for showing Messenger only when agents available: I feel that approach made sense with synchronous Web Chat, to avoid having end-users ending up in infinite queue time. With Async Web Messaging it's less urgent, as you can still afford to engage customers via Bots (qualify user, self-serve and setting expectations on wait-time/office-hours), and have agents respond asynchronously, when they become available. 
    Having said so, there might still be cases where a more real-time interaction is preferred, but with async that should be less urgent, and compensated by many other benefits.

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources