Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Evaluating IVR Utterances at a Re-Useable Menu

Posted 11-01-2021 19:38
    Hello All!

Our main customer IVR uses a re-usable menu in Architect to allow the caller to say the reason they are calling. We give them a directive prompt like, "What kind of account information would you like to hear? You can say things like, account balance, payment information, recent deposits or claim status." We have 180+ different words/phrases they can say coded into the speech recognition config of the menus. In Genesys Cloud CX, how do I find out the utterances that callers are saying, so I can make sure there aren't missing some common words/phases in the speech reco of the menu. 

Please advise. Thank you,
    Jackie

#Architect
    #Utterance
    #Speech

​​​​​
    #Reporting/Analytics

• 2.  RE: Evaluating IVR Utterances at a Re-Useable Menu

Posted 10-28-2023 15:56

I have the same question. It appears you need to purchase other tools (applications) to get this info. Does anyone have more info on this?

Thanks!

Vickie

------------------------------
    Vickie Chan
    BC Hydro Corp.

• 3.  RE: Evaluating IVR Utterances at a Re-Useable Menu

Posted 10-28-2023 17:55

Hate to burst the bubble here, but you need to realize that the ASR in the menu is not really good and has no real NLU - just word should matching.  I would not suggest that for any customer.  If you really want NLU manus instead of DTMF or in conjunction with it, you need to look at using a simple bot that can learn over time, actually listen for speech and use NLU for matching intents.  We do this all the time with great success.  The DialogEngine Bots are easy to build, learn on their own, and are great for ignoring background sound.  I would try that first.  Of course, there are other bots like DialogFlow and Lex that can also be used, but they are much harder to use than the ones in Genesys Cloud.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources