Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to ignore CC emails?

Posted 07-23-2019 13:07
    Hello Team,

can anyone tell me how can i ignore the cc emails,  from architect?.

I have created an email flow, where the email sent to one of the assigned email address'es in pure cloud is received by the agent , This customer has integrated this with their CRM. The issue is, if any of the email id's assigned in the pure cloud are in the CC of this email all the agents assigned with those email ids are receiving the same email,and this is creating a loop.

Now i need to check if any of the email id is in EMAIL- CC from the id's assigned in pure cloud is received in this email, should be ignored i.e., no action should happen. when i try to use a decision by creating email builder there i can just check only few predefined parameters.

How can i check the CC emails from here when i try to work with custom expression im receiving the error as "There is no implementation that accepts a parameter of type EmailAddress Collection."

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated to solve this.

Thanks and regards
     #Architect
    #email
    #purecloud
    #purecloudemails
    #validation
    #agenthandling
    #CRMintegrations
    #Architectureandtechnology
     ​​​​​​​​​​
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation
    #Integrations
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Teja Darbha
    Jathwa Technology Solution
    teja.darbha@jathwa.com
    Riyadh Saudi Arabia

• 2.  RE: How to ignore CC emails?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-01-2019 23:44
    It sounds like you want to take each email address in the collection email.address.cc and search the Directory to see if it matches a PureCloud User's email address?

I don't know of a way to easily do that. There might be a way using the PureCloud Data Integrations with a custom Action, but I don't know for sure.

You might post in the Developer Forum at developer.mypurecloud.com to see if anyone has a suggestion.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: How to ignore CC emails?

Posted 08-03-2019 12:32
    Hello Mr.George.

Thanks for your reply 

No, Here i'm looking for the email addresses created in the email flow after adding our domain, not the purecloud user email. 

I will try posting in the developer forum.

Thanks and Regards

Teja Darbha
    teja.darbha@jathwa.com
    Riyadh Saudi Arabia

• 4.  RE: How to ignore CC emails?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-05-2019 10:02
    Edited by Cole Callahan 08-05-2019 10:03
    Hi Teja,

Thank you for using the community to post your question! Your question was discussed on the most recent episode of the PureCloud Community Q&A Show! Check it out here.

Cole Callahan
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Coordinator

• 5.  RE: How to ignore CC emails?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-06-2019 07:29
    You would need to loop through all the email addresses specified within the CC email addresses and check to see if it matches one of the addresses you want to exclude.

I'm not sure I follow the entire scenario, however. Are you saying this issue only happens if the end customer sends the email to the email addresses monitored by PureCloud and also adds the same email address to the CC list?

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: How to ignore CC emails?

Posted 08-06-2019 08:02

Hello Lucie

Thanks for your time

I have found out a work around solution for this. I would happy to share this here.

I have created a separate flow for the department which has requested for this. i have created a switch as soon as the email is received in the flow,

In the case 1 i have defined if the email "to" consists the domain (which we have configured in the PureCloud) route to the ACD

In the case 2, if the email CC or BCC consists of this domain -  Disconnect. 

Now what happens the email checks only for the "to emails" and if the expression matches routes to ACD other wise disconnects, this email is not delivered to any one if they are in CC, how ever in the interactions its still visible, if there are no one from the PureCloud are in "To emails" (which is fine). 

@Lucie DeCristofaro 

My question was not about single email address, but all(any) of the addresses if they are in the CC, the business wants them not be delivered, they want it to be ignored.

And one more challenging thing which i have faced is, the emails will be sent to the original domain of the customer, then they are auto forwarded to the sub domain which we have created in the PureCloud.

​No, i'm not talking about the same email addresses, of course different email address'es for example A@xyz.com, B@xyz.com are the two email addresses in the same queue, now customer sent A in to and B in CC, the email is delivered to different agents, as i mentioned previously the customer has CRM integration for those emails which creates cases for each email(doesn't matter if it's in TO or CC) , so the duplicate cases are created and the agents are getting confused who should handle. In order to avoid these communication gaps, this question came.

How ever, with what i have done it seems i have achieved what i was looking for.

Thank you again

Teja Darbha
    teja.darbha@jathwa.com
    Riyadh Saudi Arabia

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources