PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Password required a 2nd time on VM TUI and user TUI login

Posted 08-04-2011 17:02
    We recently upgraded to 3.0 from 2.4 Some users, but not all, receive the following message when logging into voice mail or their phone (both via TUI). "For user account verification please reentry your password only followed by the pound sign" Can anyone tell me how to disable this? Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Password required a 2nd time on VM TUI and user TUI login

Posted 08-05-2011 04:41
    Good idea. See if it is a common thing. RobertWC

• 3.  RE: Password required a 2nd time on VM TUI and user TUI login

Posted 08-05-2011 06:05
    I found two parameters: Force Message Button Login Force Message Button Password Only It looks like if either of these are Yes, it will try to do extra authentication in SystemMessageButtonLogin.ihd I would suggest adding these and try No on both. If that does not work, try individually with Yes and No and see what affect it has. RobertWC

• 4.  RE: Password required a 2nd time on VM TUI and user TUI login

Posted 08-05-2011 11:29
    We also had the issue of some users getting double prompted for their password when we converted. We found it was tied to the user extensions. We use both 4 and 5 digit extensions. We had users with a 5 digit extension with the first 4 digits the same as a user with just four digits. On these instances the system would re-promopt for the password. For example Business user with a 2155 extension and an Agent with a 21559 extension would cause the extra prompting because the first four digits are the same.

• 5.  RE: Password required a 2nd time on VM TUI and user TUI login

Posted 08-06-2011 23:07
    Thank you for your responses. 1. In our particular situation, we are only using 4 digit extensions. 2. We had only one of these directives in Server Parameters - Force Message Button Login was set to Yes. It is my memory that this directive is required to keep someone from walking up to a logged in, unattended telephone, pushing the message button and being able to retrieve voice mail messages without entering in an extension or password. 3. I tried a number of combinations of both directives (added Force Message Button Password Only) set to No and deleting both directives and the behavior was the same. 4. This problem is NOT consistent between users; some users are required to enter their password and some are not. Problem NOT resolved. Thank you.

• 6.  RE: Password required a 2nd time on VM TUI and user TUI login

Posted 08-08-2011 14:06
    Just to confirm are you saying that the issue is intermittent in the sense that sometimes a user will log in just fine and other times they will attempt to log in and the server will reprompt them for their password? Why not debug the voicemail handlers and watch the call for a user that is reprompted for their password and a user that is not?

• 7.  RE: Password required a 2nd time on VM TUI and user TUI login

Posted 08-10-2011 21:27
    This issue has been resolved. As a result of upgrading to 3.0 from 2.4 the TUI user login process (stations and voice mail) apparently changed. In the specific case where a user logged logged in with a four digit extension, say 9876, but another extension existed that had only three digits, say 987, the system required the password to be entered a 2nd time in order to choose between the two extensions. We had three digits extension from our old phone system mapped for conversion purposes that duplicated the first 3 digits of new 4 digit extensions. Thank you for your replies in this thread.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources