PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dial Plan Best Practices - Multiple Gen2 Gateways and Dialer

Posted 03-13-2012 17:29
    Hi There, This is my first post, but I have been administering both the PBX and Dialer for just over a year now (Dialer for 2). I am redesigning our dial plan for Least Cost Routing but am stuck as to what the best approach would be for our dialer traffic. We have 3 Gen2's with a total of 11 T1 PRI's - 2 gateways in 1 location and 1 in another. What I am trying to do is have the dialer calls go out of the appropriate gateway based on the ANI, so that if we can dial locally it will from the appropriate gateway. Is there a way to do this via the dial plan alone, or is the better approach to have a line in IA (say it is called Dialer Trunks) which points to a SIP proxy, which then forwards the call to the appropriate gateway via defined routes? Any feedback on this subject (or any dial plan best practices for that matter) would be greatly appreciated. Best Regards, Justin

• 2.  RE: Dial Plan Best Practices - Multiple Gen2 Gateways and Dialer

Posted 03-14-2012 18:57
    Hello all, I contacted support today and got some assistance on the best approach for this project as follows: 1. Create a new Location specific to dialer 2. Create Line Groups for the Gen2 gateways. In my case I created 2, one for each location that has the Gen2 gateways 3. Update the dial plan entries so that the "Dialer" location will dial out of the new Dial Groups. 4. Update the work flow(s) so that they are configured to use dial plan + Location of Dialer. This will tell Dialer to follow the specific entries in dial plan. I am hoping to have the changes all done and implemented for this weekend. I will update everyone with the status of the project once it is fully implemented. My original thoughts around the SIP Proxy would work as well but Support advised that the dial plan way is a lot cleaner in the long run.

• 3.  RE: Dial Plan Best Practices - Multiple Gen2 Gateways and Dialer

Posted 03-14-2012 23:56
    Split up your gateways into different line groups and then use the dial plan to dial out a different group depending on a classification list in the dial plan. Even easier is to just tell the carrier you want the same price no matter where you dial from.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources