PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dropping Connectivity between IC server and Mediant 1K

Posted 04-29-2014 19:36
    Hi, we currently have a remote office in the UK that is connected via VPN to one of our European Data Centers. Occasionally, we'll get reports from the users in that office that they are unable to make outbound calls. Normally when I get these reports, I'll check the gateway logs and I'll see this message: "Controller failure alarm Proxy Set 0: Proxy not found. Use internal routing". Typically when this happens we just reboot the gateway and after it comes up, everything is back to normal. So I guess my question is.... currently the gateway is set up to use UDP to connect to the IC servers in Indianapolis. Should we change the gateway to use TCP to contact the IC servers? Are there any issues when using TCP instead of UDP over our WAN? Thanks, Craig

• 2.  RE: Dropping Connectivity between IC server and Mediant 1K

Posted 04-30-2014 13:35
    The earlier firmware on the Mediant gateways are kind of buggy. First off have you confirmed your Mediant gateway has the latest firmware installed? Next I would take a look at the configuration of the gateway as I think there is retry settings for when the proxy connection drops? Also do you have a SIP proxy at the remote site or does the SIP proxy sit across the WAN?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources