PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Remote User with Web Client, with NO VPN

Posted 03-19-2015 12:49
    A Remote/External user can log into CIC from the "outside" via the Web Client - works well. Now, if you want the "Voice Traffic" to get to that user you have to use either SIPPhone or SIP Bridge WITH a VPN into the environment to get the "Voice Traffic" between CIC and External User. I want to know if it's possible "somehow" to get the "Voice Traffic" between CIC and External User WITHOUT a VPN into the environment?? Any ideas??

• 2.  RE: Remote User with Web Client, with NO VPN

Posted 03-19-2015 14:52
    Karl, This is totally doable but just remember that if you are not using a VPN to secure your network connection anyone who can "see" the traffic will be able to intercept the audio of your call. Even if your use SRTP it turns out its not that secure and "easily" decrypted. Also you will have to open up a lot of ports from the internet into your CIC phone system which could open you up for hacking or DoS attacks. Depending on how you secure your server you could have hackers registering SIP endpoints to your CIC server and able to make calls out of your phone system. There are special routers you can buy which support STUN which can mitigate some of the port opening issues but its still your best option to use a VPN. Thanks, Mark

• 3.  RE: Remote User with Web Client, with NO VPN

Posted 03-24-2015 15:12
    If you are thinking about doing something like this, I would recommend deploying physical phones for your remote users and having them register with an SBC and using sRTP. Another option would be purchasing physical phones with a VPN client built in. I believe Yealink makes some phones that will work with CIC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources