PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can't enable mail providers

Posted 08-13-2015 17:43
    Hi all, I am trying to enable mail provider but i keep getting an error saying "This provider cannot be enabled at this time" [ATTACH]657[/ATTACH] What can be happening?? I am running 4.0 SU4 Regards,

• 2.  RE: Can't enable mail providers

Posted 08-14-2015 13:57
    I have seen this issue happen quite frequently. It seems like the mail provider needs to be manually registered. from KB article Q134211813500670 In CIC 2.4, there have been instances of mail connector(s) not properly registering after an CIC installation. To fix these issues, the connector(s) could be manually registered at the command line. In CIC 3.0, this rarely, if ever, occurs. However, in CIC 3.0 it may be recommended to manually unregister a connector(s), if they are not being used and are subsequently producing a large number of logs. Upon the installation of IC, each connector is registered and may start and stop as processes in the background even though they are not being used. This is expected. However, if it is generating many logs for the connector, then the connector can be unregistered by entering the following at the command line, on Server 2008 it must be an Administrator command line: \I3\IC\Server><connectorBinary>/UnRegserver ... where <connectorBinary> is the name of the binary (exe) connector file as found under \I3\IC\Server. For example, to unregister the Notes connector: >NotesConnectorU.exe /UnRegserver. To register the connector, enter: \I3\IC\Server><connectorBinary>/RegServer /RunAsUser=<domain\user>/RunAsPassword=<password> ... where <domain\user> and <password> are the username and password of the CIC service account. List of connectors: ExchangeConnectorU.exe ExchangeEWSConnectorU.exe (SU13+) FBMCU GroupWiseConnectorU IMAPConnectorU LDAPConnectorU NotesConnectorU SMTPConnectorU *NOTE: It may be required to restart PostOfficeServer(POS) after this process due to caching that is done where POS thinks the connector is still registered.

• 3.  RE: Can't enable mail providers

Posted 09-11-2023 06:28

Can you describe more, please?

------------------------------
    Ahmed Abdel Rheem
    Jathwa Technical for Information Technology Company Ltd.

• 4.  RE: Can't enable mail providers

Posted 08-14-2015 17:28
    Thanks a lot !!!! That worked.

• 5.  RE: Can't enable mail providers

Posted 09-12-2023 07:08

How does it work, Can you explain?

Ahmed Abdel Rheem
    Jathwa Technical for Information Technology Company Ltd.

• 6.  RE: Can't enable mail providers

Posted 09-12-2023 17:28

Here is the Genesys support article on manually registering/unregistering mail connectors in PureConnect:

https://genesys.my.site.com/customercare/kA91T000000XZBUSA4?name=How-to-unregister-and-register-mail-connectors

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources