PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Voice Biometrics options on CIC

Posted 10-08-2014 15:38
    Hi, A customer was inquiring about advanced biometric options on CIC and I was wondering if anyone on here might have more information. According to the docs there are three options: "Nuance Verifier can be used with the xIC platform in 3 ways: 1. Speaker Verification: Checks a speaker?s identity by comparing speech samples to an existing voiceprint for that speaker. 2. Speaker Identification: Recognizes a group and the user within the group that spoke the utterance as well as verifies the user. 3. Large-scale identity claim (LSIC): Improves the result of speech recognition by adding identification with the N-best list capability of speech recognition." Are there any sample handlers showing how to implement options 2 or 3 above? (Option 1 is the standard "one to one" authentication) Also, Is there any way to implement Nuance Freespeech on CIC? http://www.nuance.com/landing-pages/products/voicebiometrics/freespeech.asp Verification is performed in real time in the background of a natural conversation. Captured voice samples are compared to the speaker's stored voiceprint and a verification score and decision are provided to the agent within seconds. Thanks, Declan

• 2.  RE: Voice Biometrics options on CIC

Posted 10-09-2014 00:54
    I remember something on marketplace.inin.com for this. That shoild come with integration handlers.

• 3.  RE: Voice Biometrics options on CIC

Posted 10-13-2014 09:43
    Hi Robert, Thanks for that, but I was looking to use the feature locally using Nuance Recogniser, which the customer is already using. There are two toolsteps that use this in the Reco handler set, but I don't know what the parameters are for group identification, etc. Declan

• 4.  RE: Voice Biometrics options on CIC

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 10-13-2014 15:11
    Hi Declan: Please see my responses below. Hope you're doing well! mark
    Originally posted by declanh;31604
    Hi, A customer was inquiring about advanced biometric options on CIC and I was wondering if anyone on here might have more information. According to the docs there are three options: "Nuance Verifier can be used with the xIC platform in 3 ways: MRK: Nuance Verifier is not longer available. That is an EOL product. 1. Speaker Verification: Checks a speaker?s identity by comparing speech samples to an existing voiceprint for that speaker. 2. Speaker Identification: Recognizes a group and the user within the group that spoke the utterance as well as verifies the user. 3. Large-scale identity claim (LSIC): Improves the result of speech recognition by adding identification with the N-best list capability of speech recognition." Are there any sample handlers showing how to implement options 2 or 3 above? (Option 1 is the standard "one to one" authentication) MRK: My team is building everything in VXML and not in handlers. So, no, we don't have sample handlers to give to you. Also, Is there any way to implement Nuance Freespeech on CIC? MRK: Possibly. We are now working testing VocalPassword for biometrics. We will also try to get Freespeech in the queue, too, but VocalPassword is the top priority. You can try installing it, but there is no guarantee that it will work and it will not be supported until we approve the software on our platform. I'm very familiar with FreeSpeech, but it's a matter of priorities before we get these approved. If you'd like to send me a private email with the opportunity, I can review and see if there is a way to pull up the work. http://www.nuance.com/landing-pages/products/voicebiometrics/freespeech.asp Verification is performed in real time in the background of a natural conversation. Captured voice samples are compared to the speaker's stored voiceprint and a verification score and decision are provided to the agent within seconds. Thanks, Declan

• 5.  RE: Voice Biometrics options on CIC

Posted 10-13-2014 16:18
    Hi Mark, Thanks for the reply, doing just fine, cheers. So is there currently any biometrics supported for 3.0/4.0? The customer is looking ahead six months before introducing anything new; what are the timelines currently for testing/supporting the Vocal Passport and Freespeech? Also, how exactly does the Vocal Passport integrate with CIC? No more questions, I promise :-) Regards, Declan

• 6.  RE: Voice Biometrics options on CIC

Posted 10-13-2014 18:53
    Yes, you could implement something that works with Nuance using Designer, but it is not an easy thing to do. In the past, we only had the tools to do voice recognition in the IVR - pretty messy. Now that it is built into Attendant, I have less need for it in Designer. It would take some study of the Nuance API and what can be returned and matched against information in CIC. I would suggest you submit an idea at ideas.inin.com and see what PM's think.

• 7.  RE: Voice Biometrics options on CIC

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 10-14-2014 03:58
    Hi Declan, See my comments inline.
    Originally posted by declanh;31624
    Hi Mark, Thanks for the reply, doing just fine, cheers. So is there currently any biometrics supported for 3.0/4.0? MRK: There is a biometric package from TradeHarbor on the Marketplace. I haven't seen it in action yet at a customer site, but I hear that it is very inexpensive and works as they explain. Keep in mind that we have not placed it through any testing procedures, though. The customer is looking ahead six months before introducing anything new; what are the timelines currently for testing/supporting the Vocal Passport and Freespeech? MRK: We are looking at VocalPassword first and we could have it in the 1Q15 - however that's not a commitment. It should be fairly straightforward. We'd love to implement it soon, but it is a medium priority for me. I'm trying to hire a few more people on my team and if we can hire some, we can increase the priority. Also, how exactly does the Vocal Passport integrate with CIC? MRK: It's something that we install on our side on an ASR server and it integrates into CIC just like that. I'll see if I can get you any information to send to you. I probably have some that I can share from Nuance. Again, feel free to send me a private email and let me know the deal size and I'll see what we can do on the priority front. My team is trained in voice biometrics and one of my team members was a speech scientist at Nuance that installed VoicePassword - so we will be ready to help in any implementations if needed. No more questions, I promise :-) MRK: Always happy to help. ;) Regards, Declan

• 8.  RE: Voice Biometrics options on CIC

Posted 02-10-2015 09:25
    Hi, I've integrated ININ with Vocalpassword recently. It is in production now and works great. You need to call webservice functions to do that. And need a knowledge about how to configure Vocalpassword side (creating BGM, tuning, choosing the algorithm, setting threshold, text validation etc.). Also couple of years ago i integrated Freespeech with ININ in one of my customer for demo purposes. There was a demo client application that Nuance provide. You can use that (if it still exists). Also you'll need a apparatus that is plugged into the phone. This tool does the job of audio aqusition server. Thanks,

• 9.  RE: Voice Biometrics options on CIC

Posted 04-14-2015 17:18
    Are there any updates from ININ (or anyone else) regarding Nuance VocalPassword? I believe this product is something our organization would be extremely interested in seeing and potentially integrating with as part of a self-service IVR. Regards, Shane

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources